Easter climbing Pembroke

Hey up!

I was planning to climb with spenser friday, matt sat and sun, and a couple
of friends in n Pembroke monday.

Another friend pete was potentially keen to come too.

Should be fun! Pub going to be v busy so bring a stove or needs to be
booked!

Liz

Sorry to keep adding to confusion etc but actually might make more sense to go with you @peter.harris2 if you are going from north London if thatā€™s ok? (that way I wonā€™t muck up the climbing partners for the Friday in wye valley @matthewtaylor). Also because I would be quite keen to go to the range west briefing.

Also I donā€™t have a stove so would appreciate sharing with anyone? In return I can bring ropes/rack and tons of climbing psyche. Also sun cream (I got very sunburnt last weekend).

Who has guidebooks? I donā€™t, but donā€™t mind buying one if we are short.

Psyche!

1 Like

Hey @Catrin i will have a stove. Plus Iā€™ve the set of 5 local guidebooks :wink: ā€¦ Plus a spare rockfax! (Shhhh!) :slight_smile:

Hi Catrin

You are welcome to join my car; I am looking to depart Oakwood tube at 7pm on Thursday evening; I should be able to bring a spare stove and I have guide books as well as full climbing rack.

Regards

Peter Tel 07398718422

[cid:image002.png@01D2B2D3.376E1310]

1 Like

Ha @dizz_lizzie - an impressive collection!

Great thanks @peter.harris2 - will text you now to sort out.

@Omar - have you sorted out which car you are going in?

Catrin

1 Like

So pete frost is also joining us from n wales which may or may not make numbers even! He wants to do hvs maybe e1 things, will second whatever and is v safe to climb with.
Liz

You are welcome :+1:

Catrin, Omar is travelling with us.

Iā€™m planning to drive to the Cottage on Thursday evening from North London (Cockfosters tube), returning Monday afternoon/ evening (4 spaces in the car). Forecast looks good- long mountain routes would be ideal,

Will
07977 477 813.

I am driving from London on Friday morning to climb with Chiz in the Wye valley on Friday. I will then move onto Pembroke Friday evening to climb with @dizz_lizzie on Saturday and Sunday. I will return to London lunchtime on Monday. If anybody wants a lift let me know :grinning:

Hey all, apologies for the silence - was super ill yesterday. @hannahlee15 - now that thereā€™s more people giving lifts, itā€™s best to arrange a lift with someone else as Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m going to be able to make it just yet (still sick as a dog unfortunately - ), and also seems like can only climb for a day or two now as something has come up on the work front unfortunately this weekend (booā€¦)

Either thinking of just coming out for Friday to Wye Valley, or Pembroke for Sat/Sun - will make a decision tomorrow.

Ah, no worries @andrew! Feel better and I hope luck starts turning your way soon :slight_smile:

@matthewtaylor does there still happen to be space in your car?

Yes Hannah, plenty of space. I leave from Chalfont and Latimer tube
station. You coming?

Ah cool - @peterharris2 has booked tables in the pub friday and sunday too - sure we can squeeze in an extra person. Means youā€™ll be coming to south pembroke rather than north @hannahlee15 camping at bosherston. See you there :slight_smile:
Liz

@matthewtaylor Yes, I can meet you there Friday morning, thanks very much!

Also, does anyone happen to have an open spot in their tent for camping at Bosherton? The tent Iā€™ve ordered wonā€™t come in until May unfortunately.

@hannahlee15 my tent is too tiny but i can chuck in a spare of dubious waterproofing ā€¦ Donā€™t know if anyone else can do better?

Ah, thanks @dizz_lizzie! But managed to borrow one off a friend.

1 Like

@hannahlee15 i have arranged to meet Chiz at Tintern at 10 am Friday. Is it possible for you to meet me at Chalfont & Latimer at 8 am?

Cool. Climbing as a three will be fine but if anyone else wants to joinā€¦
Another lush day here in Gloucestershire, not rained for an age.
Iā€™ll be at Tintern car park next the ruins at ten, sorting my gear! Have a matte black Mercedes van. Dog not coming this time.
See you there

Chiz

Hey all, Iā€™ll be driving down with another climbing buddy (Martine - non club member) on Friday afternoon - should get to Bosherton campsite around 10pm and will stay just for Saturday and Sunday. Nice one on booking the pub in advance - was there a reason not to book for Saturday night?

Will pop into the pub on Friday night quickly to say hi if anyone is still about, otherwise catch you guys on Saturday morning!

My number is 07540981988 by the way.