Cornwall Meet Sign-up

Hey guys, I’m trying to escape from work but would be mega keen to come down if there are belay/partner spaces!

1 Like

Hey! I’ve just had to remove myself (and my car) from the spreadsheet, I’m afraid! New job induction has moved and it’s just not feasible for me to make it. Gutted! Hope you all have the best time!

We’re going to aim to be at the camp site at least one day early and probably stop in another site on the way down. There’s going to be three of us (unless I get another passenger). Is anyone else going down early?

BTW the camp site still asked us to pass on the money through you. Is that okay @PaulSagar ?

1 Like

we are also now heading down early but plans not yet finalised. May stop at sharpnose… guess we need to phone the campsite

1 Like

Yea that’s fine Mike

Exciting news: the amazing @Max_A has booked us a mini bus service to get us back from Porthcurno beach! The BBQ is go!

1 Like

most excellent- we are planning to swing by and get a couple bags of charcoal from Chiz’ given his very generous offer and its pretty much on the way.

3 Likes

Hi all,

As the meet approaches, a couple of updates regarding Cornwall

1. Thanks to everyone who has put their mobile number into the spreadsheet - anyone who has not yet done so, please do! (It’s for track and trace)

2. Everyone needs to pay me, and I will pay the campsite on everyone’s behalf. It’s £6 per person, per night (bargain!)

My account number is 56852286 09-01-32. It’s easier if everyone just bank transfers to me, though I guess I could take cash on the weekend. When you’ve paid me, please indicate that you have done so in the new column added to the spreadsheet!

1. As mentioned above, Max has been a hero and sourced us a minibus back to the campsite from Porthcurno beach. WHAT A HERO!

Looks like we’re full with the 30person limit.

I added myself to a standby list at the bottom of the sheet if we have any last minute dropouts!

Just looking at the spreadsheet, I see a LOT of people needing lifts. Indeed, I worry that there are more people needing lifts than there are car spaces…

Can I suggest that people start reaching out to each other about potential lifts? It might also be worth thinking about car hire…

OK I’ve made this mini spread of who needs lifts and who has car spaces

We may actually be ok. I count 9 people needing lifts, 11 spaces. But that may be wrong. Advise people to start coordinating!

Paul is there a specific area of the camp site where we should head for?

Paul’s PA here again:
He said he’ll update everyone when we’ve got to the campsite (tomorrow evening), and he’ll be around to direct everyone Friday evening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. Can you also ask about plans for late Thrs arrivals please?

Max - Paul will message you later :slight_smile:

Everyone - check potential nighttime closures on the A30 (saw a sign up that may mean part of it is shut, may be useful when planning routes down)

1 Like

The campsite also comes with its own training facilities - could we ask for much more?

So we are setting up where the star is on this map - if people could gravitate here that would be great!

The campsite told me they don’t put their barrier down in June so you should all be able to just drive there. However…you may have to walk. I’ll be available on Friday night to coordinate if needed. Advance warning that part of the A30 will be closed after 8pm…

2 Likes

Just a heads up that I killed four ticks that were crawling up my leg whilst I was sitting on the belay of Ledge Climb at Bosigran today. Everyone should take the necessary precautions and do the necessary end of day checks when climbing in Cornwall this weekend!

I stopped walking around Cornwall in shorts some years ago due to this. :frowning:

Some inspiration for you all!

And for the record it is blazing sunshine now whatever the met office tries to tell you

4 Likes