Castle Monday Night Meets

Cool - the Castle is much easier for getting back to where I’m staying tonight, and also open til 10, so I’ll see those of you heading Castle-bound this evening.

Great, sounds like there will be a fair few people! Also have a rope to bring this time.

Hi all,

I’m new here and wanting to sign up for the NLMC and generally find new people to climb with.
Anyone meeting at the Castle this Monday 30th April? or week after?
Hoping to meet some club members that would be willing to support my application but also just happy to meet up with anyone for a climb.
I can bring rope.

Hi all (and welcome Mark) - I’ll be at the Castle tomorrow with rope. Who’s a-comin?!
Mark, the general plan is meeting up in the cafe area around 7pm (i often get there a bit earlier).

And then beers after. That bit’s non negotiable for prospective new members :wink:

Ps I presume if you have rope you’re a competent leader?

Haha great!
Yeah I’m competent enough but not a ‘Mr know-it-all’ by any means and really up for improving.
I’ll be there for 7ish then.
Thanks

Hey guys!

In a similar boat to Mark (prospective member) so I’d love to turn up at 7 and say hello to whoever’s around if that’s okay?

Will be climbing for a few hours too, of course!

-Ethan

Hey Ethan, hey Mark - I’ll be at the Castle tonight, hoping to be there from about 6.30. Maybe even earlier, but probably eating a jacket potato if so.

I’ll have a lead rope with me. I don’t have any NLMC branded gear (yet!), so just ask all the 31 year old men who badly need a haircut if they are me. One of them will be.

Having just gotten back from a trip to Pembrokeshire which I never would have gone on if I hadn’t signed up to the club, I strongly recommend joining NLMC!

Hi there,

I’m also in that particular boat and would love to say hi this evening, and have a climb if possible!

I’ve been going to the Castle for a few years and my regular climbing partner selfishly moved to India last year, so I’m looking for Castle people to climb with but more so to get outside, which it looks like you’re getting plenty of despite the weather!

Chris

Sounds like a good turnout tonight! I may be at the castle as well. Possibly with a rope. They’ve reset the wells at last, so keen to lead climb. @ChrisD I’m looking for castle climbing partners (onsight around 6c-7a), although I work from home and mainly come during the day, with the evenings being so busy nowadays.

Looking forward to meeting you all! I’ll be in dark pink trousers. I suspect @Ed_R will be coming, @MattGee are you back yet?

I should be there too, with rope for a change!

@bullopolis - will the traditional black and white shorts be gracing the walls this evening?

@Tutu - once I’ve moved to London sometime in the next 6 weeks, we should talk about regular off-peak lead training. Being an academic, I’m very flexible and can help you avoid the crush.

Yay! How’s the injured hand/leg (I forgot where…)

I’m on a late shift today so can’t make it unfortunately. Have a good one though. Sounds like a good turnout

Well enough to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good to me and we’re of a similar ability. I’m more of a weekend / evening person but am sure something will work out!

Sounds like a pretty busy one tonight if everyone turns up! I should be there in the cafe for about 7:00 as well, also have a lead rope to bring along.

I’m planning on coming this evening, looking forward to meeting you guys

On reflection, I have an exam on Wednesday that could really use some attention. I think I’ll be hitting the books tonight but I’ll definitely come another time - happy climbing!