Bregaglia Meet 6-14 July 2019

No more than 100 ml.

I’ll definitely be somewhere in the vicinity for at least a week after the meet dates. Transport would be handy! Can’t be there earlier than 6th July though.

I’m hoping to book flights for this soon. Has anyone else who’s flying decided on their flights yet? It would be good to coordinate to share a hire car - @Peter @khalidqasrawi @ChrisD and others?

Hi - I want to get this stiched up too. Final shout to see if anyone is thinking of going Sunday? otherwise I’ll ditch this plan and chuck in with the rest.

Max

Count me out of travel plans at present. My parents have decided to road trip down to Italy and see the Alps and therefore I have a lift :grin: Should arrive in the Bregaglia on Sunday 7th and be there or in the Dolomites for a couple of weeks.

Should we be in a position to bring gear for people I will announce this.

Hi @HollyP, I am up for the trip and interested in sharing car hire. I haven’t looked at flights yet, but need to I guess; I am looking to go for a week commencing the weekend of 6th/7th July. Have you formulated plans?

Excellent! No plans yet other than the dates - happy to fly out on the 6th and back on 14th. There are loads of flights to the various Milan airports so it just depends when you/we want to arrive. I’d prefer a morning flight (ideally not Gatwick) so we can get ourselves to the campsite in plenty of time for dinner and beer.
Let me know your preferences and we can take it from there. Others welcome to join!

I concur with your thoughts entirely and delighted to run with those. Stansted is the most convenient airport for me, but Heathrow would work too.

1 Like

I’m keen to join in the hire car/flights situation with everyone, just waiting on some dates from work to be sure I can make the trip!

I’m planning to come. I’d like to also extend for 1 week after and visit another venue in the alps (e.g. Chamonix) for mountaineering. Still looking for a partner!

If that happens, I’ll drive to and from and will be able to offer at least one way lifts.

I’m driving down, and extending, but with Jess so @khalidqasrawi we can be a back-up option for you as we are going to the Dolomites but you’ll get more climbing in if you’re with someone else I guess. @MattGee was talking about extending, but he may have plans to go elsewhere.

My current intention is to climb in the Bregaglia for a week from 7th-14th then relocate to the Dolomites for a week with (hopefully) Kris Lehtinen, before rejoining my parents in the Bregaglia on or around the 20th. However, if the Dolomites weather is rubbish I will have my mountaineering gear and the Piz Bernina group is not far away…

My current plan is to be in Chamonix for 3 weeks at the end of August/ September, predominantly for rock routes.

Will get a trip post on Chat shortly after I get an IT glitch sorted.

Let me know if interested…

Will

Hi y’all. Still keen to go although depends on work holiday @Peter @HollyP those dates would be cool.

1 Like

Hey @bullopolis have you got the ok from work for these dates? Peter & I want to book flights & car hire asap so if you’re defo coming please honk :loudspeaker:

Peter and I have now booked our flights, arriving Bergamo at 16.35 on Saturday 6th, returning from Bergamo at 14.25 on Sunday 14th (from/to Stansted). If anyone wants to share a hire car with us please let me know.

When @guyarnold and knowledgeable others are deciding where to base ourselves, could we add into the mix the option of some of us staying in a nearby bunkhouse/hostel? I’d like to maximise my chances of climbing well during the week, and this would happen by getting decent sleep. (I have horror stories of sleep deprivation should anyone be sufficiently interested…)

Exciting!

Holly I can lend you my tent and/or thermarest plus spare duvet thing and various bits. Will make camping a lot more comfortable.

1 Like

Thanks that could help significantly!

Hi all,

I’m looking at getting a space set aside for us at this campsite:

http://www.campingacquafraggia.com/

It’s close to all the climbing, has a pizzeria next to it and is also close to supermarkets etc. Dave and I stayed there last year and it was very laid back with a good atmosphere, lots of other climbers etc. I’ve stayed in the one in Switzerland but it was pretty stuffy, with grumpy families and facilities weren’t as good.

Should be hostels in Chiavenna nearby but must admit I haven’t checked sorry - happy to investigate though.

I’ve said there will be 18 of us based on sheet but could everyone update it to say whether they are camping or vanning?

Thanks,

Guy

2 Likes

So we’ve got 18 spots booked at the campsite. They’ve given me a couple of weeks to confirm so I’ll take a look at the spreadsheet then and give them a final number.

Guy

1 Like