Autumn working meet 8-10th Oct

Yeah you better stay at home and get well Paul. You are a working meet regular so don’t worry about missing this one.

1 Like

That would be great. Thanks Laura

Would that include the normal bacon, eggs and sausages for breakfast?

Hi @Haszko and @nigel.seabourne
As we now only have one car coming from London, and 6 people involved in the meet total, would either or both of you be able to purchase the breakfast supplies?

I can get them but I can’t be there until about 11 on Saturday

More of a brunch then :wink:

1 Like

You could ask Nigel. He’s on 07734433416

So you are, didn’t spot that. I think Team London will sort it out then.

I have a bit of a sore throat and a headache. I’ve tested negative on lateral flow tests but as my school is awash with COVID cases have booked in for a PCR tomorrow and I think it’s probably best that I avoid heading up this weekend, at the very least I have an unpleasant cold that you probably still don’t want. Not sure if Laura will want to drive up on her own + obviously she has been in close proximity to me! So may have to postpone or people may want to organise their own car to head up?

There don’t seem to be any cars

Ah sorry to hear that John. You are right to stay away. How do people feel about postponing until next weekend or the weekend after? It also depends on whether i can reschedule the wood delivery

I would have to hire one

Getting tricky. I think I will go. Nigel will go. We can do a few jobs

Ok. I’m going to call the wood guy first thing and try and get him to come another weekend and try and drum up some more people for another weekend. And I’ll make sure you aren’t left with four cubic meters of wood to move off the track on Saturday!

At least we’ll be able to keep warm!

Folks I’m an available last-minute pair of fists of DIY ham this weekend, but am car-less (minor petrolhead bows head in shame) so looks like we’d be looking at rental.

At the moment I see I can get us a 6 seater combi van for £230 (cheaper than car and more importantly with a larger fuel tank) but would need to share that cost at least 3 ways i.e. £76 pp + fuel if 3?

Room for other late runners if anyone could be persuaded?

Is that a consideration?

Train too $$$ at this point.

Maybe we can call it either way by say 10am ish…

Gareth

1 Like

Looks like the meet might be postponed so don’t worry about it.

Ok

Hang on. I think we should try and do this. The barn won’t be free again until end of next month

1 Like

The club will pay the cost

1 Like