Autumn working meet 8-10th Oct

hee hee…you got me!!

Ok we’re getting a team together this is good.

Martin, sorry to here about your “testing problems” :wink:

Katy, I’m putting you down for the spring meet already.

So here’s the plan so far:

A new supply of wood is arriving on Saturday morning. He said first thing and he’s a farmer so he probably means about 5am. Hope you are feeling fit.

Other jobs, the barn roof will need looking at. Might have to replace a slate or two.

I want to put a new vent in the drying room.

Any volunteers for the laundry run?

Anyone want to organise Saturday dinner, breakfasts?

I’m due to fly to Majorca this weekend so can’t make it.

If there are outstanding tasks after the working meet, happy to go up for another weekend in November to finish off if others can make it then?

Have a car (although currently no fuel)

I’ll do laundry run if there is enough diesel in Wales left by that point.

Jess says I’m not allowed to go on the roof.

1 Like

Or ‘help’ with adding a vent, unless John is looking to add lots of holes to the drying room wall to help ventilate it…

(Can add pictures of the number of unwanted holes in our walls if evidence is required)

1 Like

Renting a second ladder and using roof hooks makes things much easier and safer, but I am a coward.

As you might expect there are a few UKC threads on trying to use climbing techniques for roof repairs…

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/roof_repairs_using_climbing_techniques-408356

1 Like

@JJWilliams - Is the beast maker still holding the plasterboard wall together? :wink:

That’s an aesthetic and practical design feature, Mark. The fact it also adds structural integrity is merely an added bonus.

3 Likes

Don’t worry Jess I’ll take your word for it. I also happen to know that Paul doesn’t even know how to use a spanner. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Paul👍

No worries Tom. I’ll book you in for the next one😉

1 Like

Hi all, I might have missed this but are there any communal meals? I’m happy to cook if we still need a cook :slight_smile:

Nothing planned as yet.

Any ideas what the fuel situation is like at the moment? Haven’t left the flat since getting back from Kalymnos as been fighting off a vicious cold - bit concerned about getting there and back

Indeed I’m still feeling rough this morning and don’t want to infect any of you with what we’ve had. May need to make a call this evening about whether I’m going to make it.

Though looking at the car situation I think maybe I need to step up!

Oh dear. Don’t go if you think you might infect others.

Yeah this is my thinking tbh Richard. I feel I may be over the worst of it come Saturday but unlikely to be well by tomorrow. It’s probably not covid (and I’ve just sent a PCR test off so I’ll know for sure soon!) but it’s bloody horrible regardless and nobody would thank me if I gave it to them. Think I should probably bow out…

1 Like

Yes. You would only make it worse. Stay in bed, wrap up warm and drink lots of hot toddies.

1 Like