Annual dinner (AGM) meet, 12-13 November, North Wales

No more garlic mushroom pizza? :cry:

No more pizza at all I think…

Okey doke. Well I am flexible. Perhaps we should in any case take a call when Friday’s weather forecast is clearer. If we were a three then some Fri afternoon cragging in Llangollen might be a solution.

1 Like

forecast is looking great, just windy on friday

Happy with this plan! Just to add I wouldn’t be able to leave Thursday

1 Like

Fingers crossed the hearing goes well and you don’t have to go to prison. We all know you’re innocent!

2 Likes

Gosh. What’s that about?

I think I went just after they had taken it over in the Summer. Feared it might have been heading that way, but hey, they have a snazzy new website and menu.

I’ve also learned that the Welsh for dessert is the rather wonderful Pwdin :grinning:

1 Like

And there is no dining room.

I also liked that the Welsh for kids is ‘Plant’

So having a Plant-based diet in Wales is something very different…

3 Likes

I take it we have a table booked at TyC, is it worth seeing if we can pre-order food?

They also have loud piped music. Ruined it as a pub. Welsh for microwave is very long so people calling popty ping. Popty is oven.

2 Likes

We have the room with the bay window. I dare say we can pre book a meal, menu is on the website. Hopefully we will be able to turn off the piped music speaker in the room. It’ll be a nuisance when people are trying to make a speech for prizes etc.

Yes we have a table booked, and Paul has asked to see if they’d like us to pre-order but they said no.

1 Like

Confirmed with them yesterday, they know we are coming en masse. Congregate from around 7…

There will indeed be PRIZES.

If you have further nominations, get them in ASAP…

2 Likes

Was anyone planning on bringing the A55 sport guidebook?
I have at late notice realised a key flaw in our proposed weekend plans…

Laura can bring a copy.

1 Like

Currently looking sunny and not stupidly cold. Very wet today/Friday though. Sport climbing seems a good plan. @PaulSagar what was that crag you suggested at the Working Meet?

Sorry for last minute cancellation, too complicated to come :cry:

Hi Roman. Could I please get a lift from Stratford?

I’d WhatsApp’d what I thought was your number from the sign up sheet only to get a stony reply: This is not Roman.

Thanks.
Max