Working Meet, 7-9th October

Late London lift would be better for me as have a job to finish…

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

Ok, to help with sorting lifts I’ve flagged up London cars with space…it looks like it’s…

me (driving up from Stroud ?Thurs eve)
Richard and Valerie
Harri (Leeds, Fri)
Gary and Clare (Thurs)
Naomi (and Max The Dog, can give lifts back to London)
Allan (car, London, early Fri, via Stoke-on-Trent SPACES)
Tim and Manchi (car, London SPACES)
Tom S (with Tim and Manchi?)
Rachel B ???
Kelvin -wanting a late London lift
Mike (train up, lift back with Naomi)

So getting back to London looks less crowded, but looks like Tim and Manchi may have a full one on the way up unless Rachel B is driving as well… I’ll leave it to you all to sort out that end!

If any vegetarians can shout out now!
Any more for any more…???

Rachel B, are you coming from Warrington? If so I will be driving through
there, happy to pick you up if you would like to car share. I’m probably
also bringing Ian (to be collected from a train station, as yet to be
determined) and collecting Tom from Llandudno Junction.

I’m not a meat eater and could knock up something vegetarian if there was any interest.

Thanks for letting us know @mikey_caine, vegetarian it is then, it’s easier to do one dish for everyone.

@naomi_sorrel and @Manchi have already volunteered to do the catering, so we’re sorted on that.

Thanks @Tim_McD but I’ve taken leave of my miserly northern senses and decided to get the train up so I can work (or drink) on the train. @hkirk777 is going to pick me up on at Llandudno Junction.

@chizharward I’m coming from London and I have car spaces

See you there @dabarlow.

I’ll leave it to you all to finalise spaces and food supplies, see you all on Friday night

I am intending to attend now too; do you still have spaces David?

Yes. I’ll speak to you tomorrow

@hkirk777 a lift would be greatly appreciated as my Dad has commandeered the car.

If anyone is leaving fairly early on Sunday could I please catch a lift? East or South East would be the preferred directions :-p

@chizharward if I’m allowed to choose a job, could I help out with the pointing? I have my own pointing trowel and hawk. I currently only have plastering skills but which I think could be adapted for this purpose.

Any other jobs I am happy to be assigned to.

Can someone bring a bike pump for the new sack barrow tyre…

@RachelB, yes please bring your trowel and hawk! I was going to make a couple out of ply and a stick… and yes, you can put in a bid for pointing…trying to come up with a ‘fair’* way of allocating jobs.

*may not actually seem fair to everyone…

@RachelB, no problem. Can you let me have your mobile no?

I’m sorry I wont be out, off to a christening. Thanks to everyone going and have a good time too!

Cheers Max, and to the others that sent apologies.

Just a short note to say a big thank you to the 18 or so members that came to Working Meet. Massive amount done, excellent communal meal (and breakfasts), lots of custard, job list cleared, general upkeep and improvements to Barn and Cottage including one rather large change to Cottage front room…
And we all got out on the Sunday in the sunshine!

Full report to follow, but for now, thank you and see you at the Annual Dinner,

Chiz

Cheers Chiz!

I have ordered a new strimmer head and will get this to you when it arrives.

If anyone is still up there, I left a bag of food, most of which will keep and people are welcome to, but there are some perishables in there so if anyone is passing please either eat them or put them in the bin. Sorry!

Thanks to those responsible for the excellent food, and Naomi and Tom for the lift.

Mike

Cheers Mike, thanks for all the strimming! Best to send to Mike P who can drop off on next visit. I’ll message you the address when I get a chance. Can you send me or Max Adamson a photo of the receipt?

Think we binned the food but may have thought it was Gary and Clare’s
Cheers

What’s the change to the cottage sitting room? Or shall I wait for your report?

We removed the stove to make way for the new TV.