Swanage / Portland day hit Sunday 2nd Oct

The weather for tomorrow looks good and a plan is crystallising.

7:00am @mortim91 arriving to my house, park bike in garage

7:05am Pickup @Liz_Caspar and @Kate_Davis from Highbury and Islington Station
Exact pickup point, exit the station, right around the pub, right onto Highbury Station Road past the Santander bikes. I’ll be parked just beyond there.

8:05am Meet and pickup @Max_Adamson just off junction 3 of the M3 at the intersection of The Avenue and Guildford Road.
Google Maps link

10:30am Arrive at Portland or Swanage

Everyone is bringing quick draws and everyone less Tom is bringing a rope so we should be okay. I think it might be sunny but chilly so wrap up warm for belaying. I’m not planning to stop to buy food on the way so make sure to have something ready for the morning.

See you all bright and early tomorrow!
:slight_smile:

@khalidqasrawi

I think it’s described on ukc from memory. But basically in general terms you’re walking down to the south edge of the crag not the north. Walk along the coast path and there’s one which comes off at a very slight angle and that leads to a fixed rope. Or I think there’s another one a bit further south.

Main rain stopped about lunch and there have been some passing showers. It was blustery at battleship but buoys was dry and chalked as was no man is an island. I did it after a shower and it was a bit greasy but in general it was in fine conditions.

Thanks for organising Khalid. See you all tomorrow :slight_smile:

Good plan, thanks Khalid.

Thanks for copying me in. sorry I couldn’t make it but hope you wool had a good time. Maybe see you at the castle tomorrow.
John

Hi All,

Great trip yesterday, definitely feeling it in my legs!.

I’ve managed to come home with someones guide book, let me know whose it is
and i’ll come via your house and drop it off.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom. May be mine, name inside the front cover if it is.

I’ve got mine so it’s definitely Max’s.

Great day. Photos and bills to come.

Finally photos including the toilet roll:-

Nice! Here’s mine :blush: