Swanage Meet - 8/9th October

King’s arm perhaps? That was the one I went to last time I was in Swanage.

If you mean the one in Langton that has the distinct advantage of being walking distance from the campsite.

The Square notionally is an ok walk as well and has the highest level of quirk & character but only really serves liquids.

The Scott arms in Kingston is good and is where I would usually go but is a couple of miles each way from the campsite and there’s no obvious way of avoiding that being almost entirely along the road. Depends how many willing designated drivers there are I guess.

2 Likes

Kings Arms is probably easiest as they don’t take bookings - squeezing us in somewhere else might be tricky.
I’m emailing the Scott Arms just to see if they’ve got space - from the menu online they have (limited) gf options, but worth having a look.

1 Like

Cool thanks, ive got at least one option in either of those places so all good

I’m coming Sarah but will sleep in the van in my special Swanage hidey spot, so don’t include me in the campsite booking.

1 Like

Btw Sam and i will share a tent not sure if you are booking number of people or number of tents

Do people know roughly what time they expect to arrive at the campsite tomorrow?

And what’s the usual deal with making plans for Saturdays climbing - is that a breakfast thing or will people be doing that on the way down/when they arrive/etc?

I think we’ve got a few cars leaving London around five, so 8-9ish?

And yep, suspect lots of people will be making climbing plans at breakfast!

Is anyone driving back Saturday?

Hey Max, I was planning to drive up saturday for the day, that’s if either/both @LIon or @jrtomlins want to come up with me :slight_smile: We would have space to take you back!

Tobia is coming down on Saturday morning with me and Matt so anyone needing a partner on Saturday morning do keep that in mind, as I was planning on going to Boulder Ruckle with Matt and that’s the kind of place it’s better to be in 2 than a 3

Or i guess Matt could climb with Tobia and eg Max could climb with me. Whatever really, let’s just make sure we have 3 twos and not 2 threes.

As long as we have enough ropes and racks between us because I wasn’t planning on bringing mine

The weather looks so good on Saturday that I am being sorely tempted to follow the crowd down to Lulworth; looking at my calendar the next few weeks I suspect it might be my last chance.

Still in indecision, because I also want to do trad!!!

Should I bring my 60 single rope ?
or is it not necessary ?

I shall be coming down Saturday morning now, emailed the campsite this morning. We have a climbing buddy with me in case we don’t meet anyone.
Rich

Hi Laura,

Thanks. very speculatively, can you PM me a rough idea of your departure time and route please?

Are we even numbers and would anyone get on Tudor Rose at Guillemot Ledge with me? 2 pitch 5b with a traverse, so could be ‘exciting’ for the second.

Max

Who is really really good at prussiking?

Or possibly swimming

Don’t be daft Max it’s all about the Ruckle