Spring working meet '24

Everyone! Actually they probably don’t need doing.

I might be too big to get up a chimney but happy to give it a try, could be my first vdiff? Also I have some basic diy tools, should I bring them with me?

Don’t use the big brush. It gets stuck!

1 Like

IF anyone is going anywhere near a bank in the next few days we need £30 in pound coins for the laundry.

Get a receipt and Jess can pay you back alternatively I can pay you cash from the cash box.

I can pick up breakfast stuff.

We need volunteers to cook Saturday dinner please.

I’m driving from Wales now so that’s one less passenger.

Big pasta anyone? Or pizzas?
Just Ben W that needs a lift now by the looks of it.

Maybe able to make this after weekend trip cancelled. Just need to check.

It would be down-tools for me at 4pm latest on Saturday to go and watch the rugby six nations games in the pub.

Sam and I can sort dinner. Will be something with rice as easier to do gluten free for Eric and I.

2 Likes

Are you coming this weekend?
We are buying food for dinner tomorrow so just checking for numbers

Hi Chantelle

No I can’t get out of a prior engagement I promised someone. Next one

1 Like

Sorry, is breakfast provided? I really, really fancy bacon, eggs, beans and or avocado… I can be very picky on weekend breakfast :crazy_face:

John is getting breakfast stuff. Presumably will be bacon eggs etc. although dunno about avocado lol

I’m not very picky at all, but bacon, eggs, beans, etc, sound great.
I can’t easily shop, but very happy to help cook breakfast or dinner.

I think i can find some avocado :smile:

Volunteer needed to drive to the tip.

I’m booking a slot at the council tip to get rid of the stuff in the loft.
We need a driver and one other to go to llangernyw, 30 mins drive. Club will pay milage.
I’ll need a car reg. to book it. Cheers

Yes, will be there. Can help drive/go to the shops for food on Saturday.

I can drive to recycling centre, reg number SA16SWH

Thanks for a great weekend everyone. A successful mission. See the info that Micheal has put up re the drying room. This involved some serious research into thermo dynamics and we believe it is now in a more efficient configuration. Nice one Mike, Roman and Bob.
We have cleared more stuff from the roof space and shed. Ben has finished the pointing on the barn. The septic tank repair seemed to be holding up when i checked it. Thanks Eric. Barn is looking good. And laundry has been done despite a scavenging operation for pound coins. Chantelle, Fergus, Bob and Matt. Ben’s mate Ben came all the way from Oswestry to cook us a mind blowing curry on Saturday night so big thanks to him and everyone who helped with that. Damian also came over to help.

Please send any receipts you have to Jess. Don’t wait too long to do this!

3 Likes

At least half of the feast was Sam’s doing! Thanks to him as well!

Ben (my friend) said to pass on a big thanks to everyone for such a great evening.

2 Likes

Ben (my friend) said to pass on a big thanks to everyone for such a great evening. I’m glad you qualified that you haven’t started referring to yourself in the third person.

Great working meet, awesome food, thanks everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes