Spring Newsletter 2021

Hello all,

Despite not much happening over the last few months, I am still keen to put together a newsletter as it’s been a while since the last one!

So, if you’ve got anything you would like to share in the newsletter, please send it over by the end of the month (newsletter@nlmc.co.uk). In particular, if you’ve got any photos / stories that would fit into the following categories, please send them to me:

• The use of climbing techniques during lockdown (I know there has been some belaying of sofas, first ascents to clean skylights…)
  • Any ‘actual’ climbing trips (including ‘local’ trips to Fairlop boulders, winter adventures, sunny climbs in between lockdowns)
  • Mountain Rescue stories (there was mention at the AGM to add a piece on MR to this newsletter, so if you have ever needed MR, or know someone who has, please let me know)
  • NLMC lockdown virtual gatherings (e.g., from Monday night’s pub, yoga, the pub quiz…)
  • Lockdown art (paintings, sculptures, creations of any sort)
  • Climbing/training achievements

Fingers crossed we’ll be able to meet in person soon,
Jess

Hi Jess, happy to contribute to a light hearted training article. If anyone wants to collaborate on a ‘silly or serious’ training stuff article let me know.

2 Likes

Hey Matt, that would be brilliant, thank you :slight_smile:

Working on it…!

If you’re short of stuff I could do an article on Swanage day trips too.

Yes I’m not very busy at work… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think I’m short of stuff, but I’m always happy to have more! So if you are able to write a piece on Swanage day trips, that would be great :smiley: thank you! Anything to read that isn’t my thesis is a welcome distraction :laughing:

Hi. I can send you some [phiotos of the early days if you would wish. Allen Bordoley

1 Like

Yes please! Thank you :slight_smile: