Skye Meet - approx. 20th-28th May, spreadsheet now included

You certainly do! Poor form from your architect overlords. Climbs > buildings

Sadly I’m in the same boat as Martin i.e. can’t get the time off work, so will have to pass this year.

Hope the midges aren’t too bad…

1 Like

Reluctantly concluded I am going to drop out as well. Work and logistics mainly :slightly_frowning_face:
Hope the weather is good and the b#stard m#dges have emigrated to Alaska for the week…

As Matt is out, I think that just leaves

Me
Jess
David
Guy
Chiz(?)

Having reviewed options i think Chiz is right that the Glenbrittle Campsite makes most sense for Cuillin-based activities. Jess and I are planning on doing a lot of long mountain stuff in prep for the Alps, maybe having a crack at the Cuillin Ridge as a two-day expedition if fitness, weather, and confidence align.

If anyone else is planning on coming would be good to speak up sooner rather than later. I imagine David and Guy have their own plans and goals. Although as Mike Tyson famously said: everyone has a plan about what they’re going to climb in Scotland until they get weathered in the face.

(If the weather does fully crap out, we’ll be going to the Hut instead.)

That question mark has jinxed it for me. Won’t now be able to go, beyond gutted, have a great trip

Given the current forecast this could well be going the way of the 2019 meet…

Northwest Highland Forecast (mwis.org.uk):

Planning Outlook

Rain and low cloud becoming focused on western mountains in Scotland as the week progresses, with generally westerly winds from midweek, feeling quite cool on the mountains. Higher pressure building across England and Wales should bring fewer showers and some warmer, sunnier periods. High pressure may expand over Britain into next week.

Make a call on Saturday when better data available? Still basically guess work atm. We may stop in the Lakes and decide whether to continue or not from there.

Guy and I are now starting off in the Lakes at Hollows Farm | Accommodation | Borrowdale | English Lake District till (probably) Monday.

I think Jess and I will do the same. If the Lakes stay soggy we might relocate to the Hut later in the week.

Zarrin wants to come

3 Likes

She wants Isle of Skye mouse!

2 days of t shirt climbing despite the mixed forecast so far.

Hoping it’s at least two days of t shirts for the first round of the European Drag Racing series at Santa Pod. I love the smell of nitro in the morning…

1 Like

Who needs Skye when you’ve got Gogarth!?

2 Likes

A small contingent if NLMCers finally made it to Skye - and the ridge was ticked in one brutal (but very sunny) day!

3 Likes

Well done! Quite a day isn’t it

1 Like

Enjoying the only rest of a 17 hour day, when Catrin sent her slave to fetch water

Only 17 hours? Luxury.

I heard that when you did the Ridge, Richard, you got up two hours before you went to bed, completed the whole thing in wooden clogs, and were shot dead upon arrival at the Sligichan.