Scottish Winter 2018 3-11 Feb

I seem to be sorted for the essential gear, but I forgot to ask if anyone
could lend me the Winter skills book? I’m reading this massive french book
about ice climbing but it’s mostly about the history and the Alps… or maybe
someone has “Chasing the ephemeral”? it was recommended to me for Scotland.
I know it’s not long before the trip but I’m a fast reader!

HI tutu - yes I’ve got a copy of the winter skills book you can borrow. I’ll try and remember to bring it along on Wednesday.

Are you not going @dabarlow? I am thinking to go up the second weekend for sat and sun if at all half decent - not long till i go to cham!!!

thank you Guy, that would be great!

@dizz_lizzie no, though I’m going up the following Wednesday, after the meet.

1 Like

Hi Chiz, I will be driving up and should be in the area by 8.30 - 9am if you want a climbing partner. I’ve only seen yourself, @mikedlr and @Jimbo post about climbing on Saturday. It looks like Mike and Jimbo have teamed up but i’m wondering if we could all RV somewhere? No worries if plans have already been put into action, just thought i’d ask. Simon

Hi Simon, that sounds good. Ive not heard back from anyone since last post so was thinking about parking up at Glencoe by the Buchaille, depending on weather i was thinking of Aanoch Eagach for Saturday as a non technical stretch the legs and chance to have a bit of a chat rather than suffer on belay…plenty of time for that later in week.

Will dig out a grid ref for where I’ll park up. Battered matt black Sprinter.
Cheers

Chiz

Sounds like a great plan to me, it looks spectacular!

Ace. All is weather dependant…but should be doable unless is super windy or a wade fest. If we both have daypacks ready we should reduce faff at the start and get up and down before too late… is 5-8 hour day. Take one half rope for abseil if needed? I can pack one of mine and a mini rack.

We could leave my van at Glen Coe village -you pick me up from there and drive back to start of ridge so we have a vehicle in place for end of day?

For this evening I was hoping to make it to climb but now have to remain at work til 1900 so will have to just join people for the pre-meet at the pub. I’ll probably be there about 8

James

Sounds like a plan to me!

Since I’m probably the first to get back to London I get to be first to thank Guy for arranging the Lodge, the food (with the help of his excellent chefs - Dave & Chiz) and the superb weather. Three mountain days - two Grade IVs & 1 ski day.

It’s was so good I think I’ll go again next weekend :smile: Anyone else who has the chance should go too.

There’s a reasonable amount of stuff in nick. Glencoe seems to have the right balance of decent conditions and acceptable risk. We did Raeburn on Stob Corrie Nan Lochain and North Buttress on the Buachaille. Not sure how new snow may change that.

Michael

1 Like

@Catrin and i will be doing the Friday dash … :slight_smile:

Hooray. You will be welcomed.

IMG_20180206_094955

1 Like

We will sleep in the van at a crag fri pm tho so see you all saturday :slight_smile:

I’m now aiming to arrive Friday morning and work from the Lodge on Friday. Looking for who’s going to be climbing both Friday and Saturday (Liz?? Catrin?).

I’ll have a parcel from Amazon arriving during the day on friday. Probably also Friday should be my day to cook if nobody else reserved it?

1 Like

Mike we will arrive to scotland middle of friday night so will go straight to sleep at undecided crag for sat early start … Can keep you informed :slight_smile: liz

Hi @dizz_lizzie ; hopefully you know everyone’s expecting you for dinner at the lodge. Weather for tomorrow doesn’t look like the best.

A bit cool here in California too

1 Like

Trying to share photos with Wetransfer. Here is the link: