There was a good discussion about a Poland winter trip some time ago. I’d like to gather interest.
- great for mixed and winter climbing
- great for ski-touring (snow shoes are a good idea if you can’t ski)
- you must have previous winter experience including some avalanche terrain knowledge
- you must arrange your own insurance
First we’d agree a date, then take some kind of deposit to cover booking/cancellation fees. We could probably have max 12 people but probably best around 8-10? Expected date 9-17 Feb 2019 or 9-17 March 2017. Would have to avoid any Scottish winter meets - does anyone know the schedule for next year?
To answer the normal question at this stage “can I come if I don’t have winter experience?”. No; not with the trip. However I do know some instructors who teach from the hut we would want to stay in and I would happily put you in touch to do your own arrangements.
I know of some Polish clubs that would coordinate with us which would likely mean we could get local climbing partners for those interested in doing that.
- please vote on dates if interested - put “if need be” if not sure or prefer different date https://doodle.com/poll/98y39wuts5ts6zkq
- we will select a date if there’s enough interest (soon - I want to arrange with the Polish clubs)
- we will take some deposit to cover cancellation fees (November?)
- people are free to substitute but not get back deposit
- go climb. (Feb or March)