Peak District this weekend 14th/15th?

If anyone fancies joining @Jtiplady in the Peaks this weekend stick your name on here. I’m not going, just sticking this thread on as Jamie can’t yet post threads, his access hasn’t been upgraded from basic user yet.

Car with space for 4 additional passengers. Driving from London on Saturday 14th, first thing then camping Saturday night. Return Sunday evening. Any takers?

1 Like

Thanks Matt. Embarrassing that I haven’t managed to get my membership sorted yet :slight_smile:

Anyone up for some grit this weekend?

I’m being FORCED to climb on southern sand“stone” this weekend. Woe is me etc.

^^^ NOT by me, I might add. But I will be the one putting up with the moaning…

2 Likes

Peak will be full anyway.

1 Like

@PaulSagar Your challenge is to find a dodgy Sandstone anchor and start a UKC thread about it.

5 Likes

With bonus points if the phrase ‘London Boy’ gets used again…

3 Likes

No, I’ve learned my lesson. You can only complain about anchors if you fix them yourself, and if you can’t, you should stay quiet and let other people potentially die instead. Preserving the spirit of adventure is more important than suggesting an abseil point attached to an uprooted dead tree might not be a good idea.

2 Likes

I feel I gained a really valuable experience and a lot of personal growth from fighting my way through 20 feet of semi-vertical brambles and nettles to find a tree that wasn’t dead and partly hanging off a cliff so I could set up a safe belay.

3 Likes