Peak bouldering meet 22-23 Feb

Tim and I have also signed up

Audrey and I are also keen to join

Thanks for filling in the sheet everyone. Sean, Peter - do you mind filling it in too?

I’ll try and sort accommodation tomorrow probably (Peak District books up fast) but will assess cancellation options if the weather is unhelpful.

Guy

Could I also encourage all non-attendees to be generous in their lending of pads! Looks like there will be a fair few people coming so the more mats the merrier…

Guy

Is there any plan for venue yet?

Nope. I don’t think we all need to go to one place necessarily as there is going to be a large group…! Personally I want to go to Burbage West, but conscious there isn’t much for beginners there. We could all go to Burbage North car park and then access both venues. I guess just take a look at the conditions.

Guy

Sounds like a plan to me. I’ve got things I want to try at both. If we can get a couple if spotters and good pad setup got a precarious high ball to try but need some big spotters… ,:grimacing:

Have filled-in the spreadsheet; apologies I didn’t see the subtle link!

Filled in the sheet now - also didn’t see the link

Guy ‘Da Vinci Code’ Arnold strikes again. Maybe we should use this method for the next New Members Meet.

Hi all,

So Bamford bunkhouse is available. It’s £13.15 a night each it everyone who says they wants accommodation comes. I’ll need to book the whole thing so will be asking for some commitment from people before I book if that’s ok?

Please shout if anyone isn’t happy committing the £26!

We can potentially sort something out with the bunkhouse if the weather is truly horrible but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Guy

1 Like

What happens to the bunkhouse if the weather is truly horrible?!

Ha sorry yes that wasn’t very clear. I meant if the weather is horrible and we don’t want to go/pay we might be able to sort some kind of cancellation refund with the bunkhouse but we can’t bank on it.

1 Like

Happy to commit, are we transferring the money directly to you?
Sorry the ignorance but what does it mean “we can’t bank on it”?

No bunkhouse for me, I’ll only drive down for the day

No need to transfer me money. We can pay in cash up there I think but if I’m told otherwise I’ll let you know.

Yep - don’t worry Binit I’ve only included those 16 who said they defs needed accommodation. It can sleep up to 22 though so more can join.

Guy

1 Like

Happy to commit!

How many others are up for heading up Thurs night?

Tom

Just booked Friday off work :grin:

Also happy to commit, though can only go up Friday after work/sat morning, so will depend on the lift options

If people want to come up early, suggest you contact the Bamford Bunkhouse on 01433651298. It’s £15 per person a night if you’re not booking the whole place. I’ll just sort the block booking for the Friday and Saturday nights (well, I will do this weekend at some point to give people a chance to say they don’t want to commit!).

Guy