NLMC 2024 Meets

2023 is coming to an end, and what a great year of meets it’s been (thanks Tilly and all the other organisers!). Now it’s time to crack out your diaries and pop in the dates for another year of climbing adventures! As per usual, forum threads with sign-up sheets will be set up for each meet as they come up, so keep an eye out for those throughout the year. Without further ado, the 2024 meets list:

Peak District Bouldering - 2/3rd March

Spring working meet - 16/17th March

New members meet - 13/14th Apr

Peak District - 20/21st April

Yorkshire - 4-6th May

Lake District - 25-27th May

Alps meet to Sass Valley - 8-16th June

Cornish summer solstice meet - 22/23rd June

Wye Valley - 6/7th July

Family meet - 27th July-4th Aug

Mid/North Wales - 10/11th Aug

Pembroke - 24-26th Aug

New members meet - 7/8th Sept

Swanage - 28/29 Sept

Working - 12/13th Oct

Annual dinner and AGM - 2/3rd Nov

Google calendar link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/2?cid=OTczNzQ4M2YzMTRlYzBiZTJjZDcxNjgyYjQ3YzU2OGI1NWYxZmJkNDI1YjUzNWMxZDRlMmUwYTdlNjkzNTdiOUBncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t

Any questions, queries, comments, please feel free to message me directly.

As a note, if you are planning to join any meets, please make sure you are familiar with the BMC’€™s statement of participation:

The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions. As a BMC affiliated club the NLMC benefits from Combined Liability Insurance - all club members, whose names and addresses we hold, benefit from £15 million Combined Liability Insurance world-wide.

4 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: NLMC Alps Meet 2024 - Saastal

Time to move this to its own thread :slight_smile:

Hi there, I’ve just joined the group and wondering where the New members meet will be in April??

Best,

J

Most probably in Capel Curig in Snowdonia, where the club huts are.

Correct

Hi, my name is Paul - I’ve been planning on joining the NLMC for a little bit but I generally don’t have time to climb in the Castle in the week. Though I did come once to meet some of you.

I’d like to join the new members meet in April. I have a car, a fair amount of gear, and I’m happy to drive. How do I sign up for the new members meet?

Hi Paul,

I will be putting a post on the chat very soon, giving all the infos and a spreadsheet to put your name on.

I will post here as well once it is live, so you don’t miss it!

New Members Meet post now live!

1 Like

Hola, who is organising the Peak meet later this month? Will we be staying in a barn as usual?

Ben W is looking into this. Thorpe Farm may be full and sadly I cannot do the weekend of 20th/21st myself now due to a work thing. Suggestions as to other bunkhouses welcome. I already suggested Bamford.

1 Like

I’m keen to come on this Peak meet. Here’s a couple of places the Aylesbury club has stayed at.
Up on Snake pass, few miles out so needs cars for pub runs, etc - The John Hunt Base, Hagg Farm

Homestead and Cheese House in Bamford, right opposite the Anglers Rest pub:

Thanks for the recommendations Adam. I’ll pop some enquiries in. I’m looking forward to this one too!
I’ll get the meet post and sheet up this eve. Got a bit distracted climbing pockets in Spain :upside_down_face:

2 Likes