New Members Meet 9-10 April 2022

Hiya, I saw that the list is already full but I’ve put my name down on the waiting list in case someone drops off. @HollyP Matt watched me belay yesterday - I think I’m safe

Magda

2 Likes

I’m having to pull out of the trip as I now have something on that Sunday. So there is a space free!

Hello,

I have never been to a New members meet, would it be possible to attend this one?
I have put my name in the waiting list.

Tobia

Hey, a colleague of mine asked about the club and the April trip so I’ve put his name down on the waiting list as he’s keen to join - he’s coming to the Monday session in the Castle. Hope it’s okay

1 Like

Hi everyone! i’d be interested in joining the session on Monday at the Castle too.
what time do you meet?

cheers

Hi Fabrizio

Usually from 6ish in the upstairs lead area. There’s a separate thread for it
https://chat.nlmc.co.uk/t/castle-monday-night-meets

Cheers
Matt

Sweet! Thanks for the info :ok_hand:

@Tobia_Zantedeschi @Lada
I can’t make the trip anymore so that frees up a spot for one of you two at the top of the waiting list.
Ben

Thank you very much!

Hello lovely members and soon-to-be-members!

We need volunteers for making Saturday dinner and breakfasts! All meals will need to include a veggie option plus any other dietary requirements as per the spreadsheet.

New members this is your chance to wow us with your culinary skills, don’t be shy! You’ll be reimbursed for food purchases for communal meals (within reason, we’re not talking lobster & truffles!)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m happy to volunteer to assist with dinner if there’s a chef amongst us who wants to take the creative lead. Happy to do chopping, peeling, washing etc.
Also happy to cook up a big batch of porridge for everyone (can use oat milk), chop some fruit for toppings and get some honey if people are into that?

1 Like

Should qualify that statement - porridge for breakfast, not dinner!

Hello!

I can try to bake something as well for breakfast although the big porridge sounds good!

I will have a think about the diner this week eventually but in any case, also happy to help with anything.

1 Like

I’d be happy to cook although I wouldn’t know what to cook for 25 people… if people have ideas I’m happy to carry them out

Chilli or pasta should be pretty easy to cook, and adapt to veggie and non-veggie. Breakfast is normally lots of eggs, toast, beans, sausages and bacon.

Yes, I was thinking of a chili too! For the veggie option there is still the quorn or beyond meat mince meat option! What do you all think?

I’m also happy to help cooking if needed. @FrenchMatt Sounds like you’re taking charge of the menu? :slight_smile:

Alright then! Saturday evening is Chili!

1 Like

hero

Hi All,
some family stuff means that I’m going to have to pull out of the meet - apologies.
I’ve deleted myself from thew spreadsheet, so hopefully one of the wait list people will be able to take the spot.
Shame as I was really looking forward to its - have a fab time!