New Members Meet 23-25 September 2022

We can use the bit of land outside the kitchen but it’s rather overgrowth. The barn maybe free?

The idea to limit numbers was a result of the 2019 New Members Meet where I was too successful in attracting potential new members and we couldn’t really fit everyone in for dinner :smiley:

It’s not just a case of not enough sleeping areas.

Anyone wanting to come, please add yourself to the waiting list. Usually we have a few people drop out nearer the time, so there is every chance everyone who wants to come will still be able to come.

2 Likes

Also I seem to remember that “camping near the buildings” was strongly discouraged as it creates the appearance that this is freely accepted. “Thin end of the wedge” and all that, plus members of public will see it and start doing it around the area. Sort of acceptable near the CIC on Ben Nevis for an early start on winter routes, maybe less so in autumn in a roadside honeypot :slight_smile:

I’ve double booked myself for this weekend :frowning:

Taken myself off the spreadsheet.

Hello lovely members and soon-to-be-members!

We need volunteers for making Saturday dinner and breakfasts! All meals will need to include a veggie option plus any other dietary requirements as per the spreadsheet.

New members this is your chance to wow us with your culinary skills, don’t be shy! You’ll be reimbursed for food purchases for communal meals (within reason, we’re not talking lobster & truffles!)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

As usual, happy to do a veggie dinner - probably some kind of curry?

1 Like

I’m happy to cook or help with the evening meal Holly

Rich

1 Like

Thanks both. Let’s wait for a few more people to volunteer and then you can sort out between you who does what.

Happy to sort veggie breakfast!

1 Like

What kind of stuff so you do for breakfast for 25 people?

Usually eggs, toast, bacon and/or sausage, maybe beans. Porridge has been provided before as well.
Veggie breakfast is usually same but with veggie sausages and maybe halloumi.
If none of that appeals feel free to supply your own breakfast of course :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There has even been black pudding provided in recent years (drool)

1 Like

I can throw this lot together @ £2 a head

Hay Aged Bresse Duck
Honey, Lavender and Smoked Beetroot

Beef Wellington

Hen of the Wood and Perigord Truffle

Crêpe Suzette or cheese board

Or spag bog/curry…… :grin:

1 Like

I am happy to help with cooking breakfasts, i dont think i will be able to help with the shopping & bringing food though as coming straight from a work conference. I can always do extra dishes to make up for it! I will bring gluten free bread though as i am aware I’m the only food requirement other than veggie.

1 Like

Mmm beef Welly please!

Deliveroo would be fun to watch

Happy to help with cooking

1 Like

Sorry to say, can no longer make it. Struck through my name on spreadsheet

Since Che is no longer going, I need a new ride! Are there any spare seats in any cars? I will be working in Victoria on Friday and can travel pretty much anywhere.

I’m also looking for a lift please! I’ve got Friday off, so can leave anytime