New Members Meet 21-23 April 2023

Hi everyone, I’ll be joining on the Friday. Is there anyone I could catch a pick up en route from please? The easiest station to access that I can get to is probably Tame Bridge Parkway, it would be a 15 min detour for anyone coming from London direction.

Hi there - looking to see if there’s still room at the new member meet or how to get on the waiting list? If it’s not possible to join the Wales trip, is it possible to join at the new member meet at the Castle anyway?

Thank you!

Hi Christina, you can add your name to the waiting list for the April trip. You can also of course join our Monday socials at the Castle - if you decide you like us :grinning: then you would need the names of 2 existing members who have seen you belay in order to complete the online application and become a member. This way you’d be able to join any of the trips running throughout the year.
To join the April meet we would need to check your belaying first too.

Hello all. Due to this meet being oversubcribed we’ve had to prioritise new people over those who’ve been before. I’ve updated the spreadsheet; apologies to those I’ve had to contact to let them know.

Please start sorting lifts asap, rather than leave it to the last minute like we’ve had in the past. Phone numbers are on the spreadsheet; please then update the second tab so we can see who’s going with whom.

If anyone has questions please let me know :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m new to the club and would be interested in joining this meet. have added my name to the spreadsheet and please email me at ottoline.spearman@gmail.com if i make it onto the list! Have all climbing gear but would need (and would sort out) a list.

Thanks!

1 Like

Please could we have some volunteers to make a) breakfasts and b) Saturday night dinner? The standard way for dinner is to have a meaty dish and a veggie/vegan dish, then pudding. The spreadsheet will indicate who is veggie etc in order to plan numbers of eggs and whatnot.
The club will reimburse food purchases for communal meals. Please also ensure whoever buys food has space in the car(s) they’re travelling in for it!

Sam and I are happy to do Saturday dinner

1 Like

Thanks Chantelle and Sam for offering to make Saturday dinner. We still need volunteers to make meat/veggie breakfasts each morning, and pudding for Saturday dinner. You’ll be the heroes of the weekend for filling our bellies :grinning:
@Eric @JamesC @james.w @Sioned @Tom @Chris_Sargent @NickAshton @Lorenzo_Vitale and others roll up roll up! :bacon: :fried_egg: :moon_cake: :pie:

Put me down for breakfast cheffing

1 Like

We can bring dessert too as part of sorting dinner

Thanks Eric! You can expect some sous-chefs to be available I’m sure :slight_smile:

Thanks, let’s hope someone else offers to sort it though as otherwise it’s a huge amount of food to you to bring and also cook! In previous years we’ve had teams of people doing separate parts of the meal so I’m reallllllly hoping most people just haven’t seen this call-out yet… :grimacing:

1 Like

I can’t bring food for a meal, but happy to sous-chef anything! Shout to lock me in as your culinary assistant

2 Likes

Having bought the stuff for Saturday dinner, would someone be able to bring dessert? We will already be carrying quite a bit to get our lift. Don’t worry about getting something gluten free, I will bring something to satisfy my sweet tooth

I will abandon my sous-cheffing and make dessert instead! I should be good to make a gluten and dairy free version :yum:

Hoping we’ll be ok for car space for two courses worth of food @RolandP ?

2 Likes

What a star, Sioned!
I was going to volunteer - pretty useless, I know - but I did get as far as checking with Paul (who I’m getting a lift with) that we can stop to shop along the way.
If it’s useful for pud (or other meals) just let me know, and we can pick up whatever’s needed.

1 Like

Amazing thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

I still have a couple of empty seats in my car, departing Oakwood tube station (penultimate stop at north end of Picadilly Line) at 6pm Friday, earlier if poss; if that works for anybody, let me know. 07398718422.

Great weekend everyone, so good to meet the newbies. Thanks so much to Chantelle and Sam for dinner, Sioned for delicious pudding, Eric and co for breakfasts. Sterling effort :raised_hands:
Here’s a link to photos I took at Holyhead. If you have any to share please link and let me know if I can share them to the club insta.

5 Likes

Hi all,
Great to hear you had a fantastic weekend! The photos look amazing! For those who did the food shops for group meals, please send over the receipts (to treasurer@nlmc.co.uk) and I can reimburse you for the food.
Please may everything be sent over by this time next week (1st May).
Cheers,
Jess