Lake District Meet - 24th - 27th May

Google sheet above

Can you please add editing permissions to the spreadsheet? Thanks :blush:!

Ahhh - permissions changed!

2 Likes

Hello all, is anyone planning to come back on Sunday night? I’ll need a lift as working on Monday (boooo). Just trying to see if anyone else is in the same boat or if I need to make other travel arrangements.

@Sian - maybe it would make sense for us to coordinate with the same driver? I will be heading up to the Lakes from London on Friday, but staying up there, so only need a lift up, and you only need a lift back to London according to the spreadsheet.

@Sian my wife and I are going up via a friend’s house so don’t have space up, but would happily bring you back on the Monday. Our plan is this. I’ll climb and she’ll trail run. We’ll probably book a place near where you decide to stay anyway just for ease. I’ll add it to the spreadsheet now.

Edit @IanS sorry misread the above thought you needed a lift back only too

Are there any objections? Especially from hardcore camping enthusiasts?

If not, shall I email them and ask about availability (looks available by the calendar but maybe it’s not up to date) and book if available? @Sian

The hut sleeps 16, costs 400 if I understand correctly.

Hey @Daniel. We already have 16 people signed up after just a day of the spreadsheet being editable, so I suspect a 16 person bunkhouse will exclude some people who’d otherwise like to come.

@Sian has kindly volunteered to organise this trip. Maybe contact her directly if you think she may have overlooked something or to ask if she wants any help.

1 Like

Daniel, I see two or three issues with your suggestion (sorry)

1. Langdale is very busy especially on a BH
  2. Only sleeps 16, unless that’s enough?
  3. Only enough room for 6 cars? Not sure that’s enough. Understand there maybe parking elsewhere
1 Like

Option 2, Boot Bunkhouse 24th / 25th and change to Dalegarth Campsite 26th, gets my vote :slight_smile:

Hi Folks

I have added a column to the spreadsheet with ‘camping set up’ in order to make a booking they require us to tell them who is coming and how many tents. Please can you all update accordingly.

Second Ben and Rich on camping hut Daniel - although thanks for the suggestion! I tried a few other hits locally and they are also all booked up. I am leaning towards camping in Eskdale and praying for good weather. Let’s see how many more people sign up and make a call mid week.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies Ben, Rich and Sian, all very reasonable, thanks for organising!

Sian
Happy to cook one of the evening meals if required

Please add tent details - booking campsite tomorrow!!! :pray::camping:

Thanks Sian, just added my details. My wife will be in the tent with me but doing other activities over the weekend. In case they need people in a tent etc.

I put myself down on the list. Hopefully nothing will pop up destroying the plan.

Spoke too early… it looks like I will miss most of meets again.
Maybe it will change …

@Sian did you manage to book the campsite / do we owe you money?

Thanks for the prod Fergus. I have just emailed them to confirm the numbers (I spoke to them on the phone not very long ago so should all be fine). I’ll let you know about money soon!

Thanks so much for the offer of the lift btw - yes please!

1 Like

I’m really sorry but I can’t make this meet anymore due to the timing of a job interview :cry: I’ve taken myself off of the spreadsheet.