Improving the drying cupboard further

We put a vent into the drying cupboard which is taking some air to the outside. I think there’s still some work to be done to complete improvement. Having tried using it this time round it still wasn’t great. I’d like to get some second opinion on that, especially if there’s anyone in the club that knows stuff about ventilation systems / air conditioning / dehumidifiers.

Firstly, the flexible duct that takes air from the cupboard via the new fan to the outside should probably be fixed, I think at about half height in the cupboard.

Secondly, I think the dehumidifier should be moved from the top of the cupboard to the bottom. I had some suspicions and so I checked online and all of the information I’ve been able to find claims that dehumidifiers should be as low as possible. I am guessing that this is a task for the next working meet.

a) from everyone: do you agree that the drying room still isn’t working as well as ones in other huts?

b) from anyone with some level of knowledge: I think the dehumidifier, currently at the top of the cupboard, is too high up to work efficiently. I understand that it’s a refrigeration dehumidifier which needs to cool the air and then heat it. This will work best if it’s at the bottom of the cupboard. I think we should move it down and then it will work much better.

It’s a major work, so I want to start a discussion now with the plan of doing it at the next working meet.

1 Like

Hi Michael. Thanks for setting all this out and sorry I missed it earlier. I need to check this forum more often!

I’m going to put this in the hut report and see if anyone has any ideas at the AGM. We can discuss further then anyway.

See you soon

I’ll add it to the AGM agenda. One possibility is that we appoint a sub-committee to look into it rather than taking up loads of time at the AGM though.

1 Like

Yeah I can see this being a proper AGM de-railer…

Yeah sure. Let’s not get side tracked. I put it in the hut report so if anyone has any ideas that can come to me.

Okay then, best to head off major discussion by immediately pointing out that we’ve put it in as a priority item to be looked at but ideas to go to John/The Committee rather than hashed out at the AGM.

Sorry, that is to say Mike has already raised it with us rather than dropped it on the AGM!