This is Bill Tilman’s old house on the Mawddach Estaury, one of the most scenic parts of Wales. He wrote many of his books in its library; essential adventure travel literature if you’ve never had the pleasure.
How about this alternative. Good for Wye Valley. On the Wye in fact. Much cheaper as well. Might need more than a couple of working meets to fix.
- Lot 102 for sale by auction on 28/05/2020
- Gia approximately 4,078 sq m (43,900 sq ft)
- Formerly a school, it provides 29 Bedrooms, Four Dormitories, a Principal’s Flat, a Staff Flat, a Two Storey Classroom Block, a Two Storey Hostel Block, a Theatre, a Sacristry, a Chapel, Cloisters, Outbuildings and Garaging
- Occupying Extensive Gardens and Grounds extending to approximately 2.453 Hectares (6.062 Acres) including Two Tennis Courts
- Caretakers Flat comprising Reception Room, Two Bedrooms, Kitchen and Bathroom
- Possible potential for Redevelopment and/or Alternative Uses, subject to consents
- Close to the historic market town of Monmouth and the Wye Valley aonb
- Presented in poor condition and requiring extensive works of modernisation and refurbishment
They forgot to add it comes with a few ghouls and ghosts. Added entertainment at night time. At least with that many rooms we could have a ‘no snorers’ wing.
Wye Valley? Only half way to Pembroke so no point.
For years, I’ve been saying we need a second Club Property in the Peak District.
Peak Peak Peak!
And it’s Covid-19 compatible. 29 bedrooms!
5 bedroom farm house for sale
Montbel, Ariège, Midi-Pyrénées
Charming property overlooking Lake Montbel. In excellent condition throughout; open plan sitting/dining with wood burner, fully-fitted kitchen and 4 ensuite bedrooms. Self-contained 2 bedroomed apartment, ideal for holiday lets. Lovely gardens set in a peaceful location.
Oh Matt, I like that one! Family holidays sorted.
I am desperate to go climbing in the Ariege again!
Think some people still being a bit ambitious about how much is in the account.
How about Bulgaria? Lots around Vratsa
Crikey - prices bode well for more modest abodes
Well Tilman did live there. Used to love reading his expedition books as a kid.