Font at Easter: 9th-18th April 2020

Hi Omar,
There is no group camping booking so every car has to make their own reservation.

To make a booking to join you will have to go here:

Hello @omar! Lovely to hear you’re going to join us & catch up with you in Font :slight_smile:

Thanks Both!
Yep @Manchi, certainly looking forward to catching up.

I just wanted to check before I booked - I don’t believe we have any crash pads to bring.
Should we:
A) Hire/Buy so as to keep a decent ratio of bodies/pads
B) Contribute in some other way to make up for the lack of aforementioned pads

:slight_smile:

Hi @Omar - you can buy one or just borrow a mat or two from a Club member, @Peter or @dabarlow might be able to help out? Or anyone else?

Hi Omar,

I have a Metolius pad that you can borrow. Not very big but does the trick.

Let me know if you need it.

Cheers,

ILyass

Le mer. 11 mars 2020 à 07:40, Manchi Chung via NLMC Chat discourse@nlmc.co.uk a écrit :

Thanks very much indeed ILyass, very kind indeed.
And thanks Manchi for the help.

Sadly though, I’m going to play it safe and not book campsites/ferries at this time. Insurance companies have ceased to provide any cover for anything Covid-19 related as of the end of last week, so I wouldn’t want to risk being stuck with costs I can’t claim on.
(Already lost a €500 deposit on a paragliding course for April :confused: )

Very sensible, Omar. Hope to catch up with you later in the year.

Manchi

We missed out on insurance too. Looking unlikely.

As so many organisations say after major events: lessons will be learned. In this case never skimp on travel insurance.

Sadly I can’t insure my disappearing pension fund.

1 Like

France shut down last week. All bars,restauraunts etc shut. They even stopped the ski lifts, closing down the ski season a month or two early.

Luckily a week after I got back home.

cheers,

Peter Wilson