Family meet 27th July till 4th Aug @ the Barn (N wales)

Hi all,
This is the official forum thread for the NLMC summer family meet!
The barn is reserved for NLMC families from the 27th of July until the 4th of August, and everyone with little ones (or larger teens) is welcome to attend. Usually the meet is left open to self organisation depending on who is going and what they fancy doing, but me and @BenWhetton are happy to assist for general queries. If anyone is definitely going and feel like taking over some more activity organisation please get in contact :smiley:
Cheers,
Laura

1 Like

Hi Laura,

Sadly we’re already on holiday that week. How often do folks meet to go climbing with kids otherwise? My boys climb but my partner doesn’t, so climbing with another family would be ideal to get the boys outdoors.

Thanks,

Matt.

Is the hut exclusive for members during this meet? I was going to use it for the weekend with a guest as I’m already going to be in Snowdonia the whole week.

Families should just use the barn. There are child protection issues if someone is there who is not a relative.

Hi Matt,
Sorry for the delay in replying, just had a baby myself xD we currently don’t have any more family events organised but would be good to do in the future. If you’re a member you can join the family meet chat and plan something with others!
Best
Laura

Hi Tony,
The family meet is held at the barn so no issues with you using the cottage :slight_smile:
Laura

Hi Richard,
Members and their families are welcome to stay at the cottage as long as they understand that they’re solely responsible for caring for their children and that they should not be left unsupervised.
Best
Laura

1 Like

Hi Laura.
I’m trying to organise a gathering of old (and very old) members and I don’t want it to clash with anything else going on at the hut.
Richard

Is that for the same week as the family meet? Families will stay at the barn for the meet of course, that’s why it’s booked, but in general they are welcome to stay in the cottage. This said it would be fun to have a combination of dinosaurs in the cottage and ducklings in the barn for the same week! Sadly we won’t make it up for the family meet this year but looking forward to next year.
Best
Laura

It would be good wouldn’t it. We could bore them witless with tales of yore when climbing was proper, with no such thing as a harness and routes weren’t sent anywhere, they stayed where they were. However I think we are the week before.
Richard

Hi Richard

Greetings to you and all from an ancient NLMC oldie (late 1950’s) now in Lincoln. Clinging on, and still getting into the hills and dales quite a bit.
Could you kindly send gathering details to me, as I would love to meet up with other oldie colleagues if possible. With thanks, Jerry Wright, 07845 900 499, jeremywright17@gmail.com