Expedition down the River Ganges

Hello to fellow members of the NLMC,

Firstly I would like to apologise for not making the Working Meet at the Cottage this autumn. Many thanks to one and all for your work in keeping the cottage and barn great.

Ten days ago at the foot of one of the biggest sub-polar glaciers in the world I started a big expedition. The mountaineering and rock climbing potential in the Gangotri National Park are huge. I recommend visiting it.

After trekking and cycling down beside the river to Devprayag we have reached the point where we will launch onto the River Ganges and stand-up paddleboard the remaining 2,000+km to the open sea. It is the first-ever attempt to do so by paddleboard.

We are doing this to raise awareness for the huge amounts of plastic waste and other pollutants that end up in this river, one of the most polluted in the world.

We currently need crowdfunding support to cover our support and the creation of a top quality documentary afterwards, and if you were able to share/support us in any way that would be much appreciate by the whole team:
bit.ly/ganges-indiegogo

You can also follow us if you’d like:
W: www.gangessup.org
Tw: @GangesSup
In: @GangesSup
FB: Ganges SUP

Either way, I look forward to seeing you back at the Palm Tree in the New Year to talk of future climbing and mountaineering together.

Yours in adventure, with thanks,

— Spike