El Chorro 1st weekend December?

Posting on behalf of Andy D who can’t start new threads on chat for some reason! (And now I can’t seem to tag him either :sob:)

He’s keen to get a long weekend in El Chorro the 1st weekend of December for some winter sport climbing.

Flights can be super cheap this time of year - my friend who booked to Alicante later in December got his flights for under £10!!

Andy isn’t marked as an NLMC Member - sounds like a task the new membership secretary @Mark_W could check?

Thanks Holly,

If anyone is interested just let me know, should be cheap and warm sports climbing venue (hopefully). I was thinking fly out on Thursday evening and back Monday evening but open to suggestions.

I did change something this morning. Please gat back to me if it still doesn’t show

I’m up for a Chorro trip, Thursday to Monday sounds good! Any tips on where to stay?

Olive Branch https://www.olivebranchelchorro.co.uk/ is the usual place.

@PaulSagar and @JJWilliams were there (I think) last month…

We are heading there the beginning of next year! Paul has stayed there several times before though. (We were in Chulilla last month… :grimacing: :woman_climbing:t3: )

Chorro, Chulila…almost the same :smile:

1 Like

Hi; Think I would be up for it. This might need last minute confirmation since I’m having to finish some stuff at work.

Olive Branch is ace. You can get airport pick up and walk to loads and loads of crags so don’t need to hire a car. We are going later in December so can’t do an early December trip alas.

Hi Mike,

No problem, we just booked flights and accom, I’m sure we can find space somewhere if you want to come. We’re heading out on Thurs 28th 1850 (Ryanair STN) and returning Mon 2nd (Ryanair SEN) if you are interested and want to get the same flight.