Cornwall solstice meet - 18/19th June

Nice one, Sam. Hope Greece is treating you nicely :slight_smile:

Looks like I have a space in my car if anybody needs a lift (leaving from Barnes).

Also if anyone has a spare tent, please can they bring it!

Hi! I would be keen to come and have a tent :smile: when are you leaving?

Any other takers?

By my reckoning we have a surplus of drivers:

Ali & Andy - travelling separately from Poole
Tom & Naomi - travelling separately from Slough (donā€™t ask)

John driving from Barnet - with UCL people but does have space. @jrtomlins can you take @Rtudor since his work at Osterley is close to you. Space for any more?

David, Sam and Simon are all willing to drive from N London - We have Ariel, Vilius and the BBQ to take down as well so I imagine we will need 2 cars. Just David and Simon maybe?

The Treen Farm campsite have marked an area for us on the right as you arrive, on the right hand side of the fence. They have asked that those arriving after 10pm (i.e. all of us) minimise disturbance by parking near the entrance and walking in with tents.

Remember you will either need to bring BBQ food (and beer) with you or buy it after climbing on the Saturday night. Given that the weather looks warm and sunny then the latter might be a safer bet. The campsite sell pasties so Saturday breakfast is dealt with.

Hey. Is there a list of things we should have with us? Not only since last time I had to borrow a lot of things but also for other people that will be coming and are not fairly acquainted with camping gear needs. Cheers :slight_smile:

Iā€™m coming too. Iā€™ll be travelling down with David, Vilius and the BBQ.

tent, sleeping bag, rollmat, headtorch, cooking gear and food, water bottle should cover it. Climbing kit, and sun cream, towel and swimming trunksā€¦although given Treen beachā€™s ā€˜reputationā€™, the last one may be optionalā€¦

In the unlikely event that it helps anyone, we do have a third space and can pick up from trains etc em route.

We also have space in the van if thereā€™s heavy kit it would be helpful to bring that others donā€™t have space for.

Since we wonā€™t be able to get onto the campsite anyway on Friday night we will probably play it by ear whether we meet people there or catch up at the crag on Saturday (probably bosi, on current ambitions)

Thanks Chris.

In which case: Simon can you take Sam, Ariel and any final strays?

@jrtomlins I will bring you a couple of tents since Naomi and I will be sleeping in the van anyway.

Bosi?! What about Mastodon!

Needs evening low tides, and I thought when I checked earlier in the week that they werenā€™t so good for that.

Barnes, not Barnet. Yes, I can take Raul. Iā€™m taking one other on the way up with another on the way back (sheā€™s heading up by train). I could squeeze in one more if needed but cosy journey home.

Itā€™s clear regarding sleeping equipment. We will stay in a camping, wonā€™t we? Does anyone have a link to the camping website? Location, fees etc.?

Will we have a big grill to use for everyone?

I text Sam and we are going in my car. Ariel text me on 07789018995 and we can work out arrangements. Have one more space left for anyone who might pop up.

Andy - if I remember you can park in the village on a green field / car park by the track that goes up to the campsite.

Simon

Thanks Simon, I think I remember where you mean. I think given we can stop pretty much anywhere its more a ā€œdo we want toā€ question really - does it make sense for us to stop en route or go direct to the north coast for example. Iā€™m not organised enough to have worked that bit out yet!

Hey Simon,

Raoul was going to come in my car I thinkā€¦ Raoul?

Thatā€™s my understanding :slight_smile:

PS no o in my name :slight_smile:

Raul

Send me a text on 07789018995 and we can sort out arrangements.

Simon

I suggested that Raul go with John because he is leaving from Osterley in West London, close to Barnes where John wants to leave. @Rtudor - its up to you.