Climbing weekend 24th

It was a learning experience!

I learned not to leave home without a headtorch :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I will not be at Mile End this week but would like joining for the weekend
weather permitting :wink:
Best,

Jan

Awesome. Weather is looking great, although a bit chilly! Anyone got transport?

Won’t make it to the wall tonight; will be going climbing at the weekend (see previous post); if you can leave Thursday I can give a lift to Scotland. If you find a cheap way to fly Friday I can likely take gear to the North end of Glencoe for you.

Have fun in Wales otherwise.

Michael

Soooo…like duh!! I have put together that Sam 7 is the loverly Daniel! Who has an awesome wagon. @Sam7 Dude you are up for it yes? Super :smiley: so at the mo thats Dan, Jan, Tom, me and poss Will ( confirm!?) plus A N Other for evens… or not…s’gonna be cool, awesome, shamazing! Daniel where best for you to meet? Can leave work 5.30 from LondonBridge. Excited! :smiley::person_climbing:t2:‍♂️

I will likely be in n wales. Or pembroke! But probably n Wales.

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Will drive up separately to the Cottage on Friday night, bringing personal climbing gear, harness etc. I’ll put an extra 60m rope in the car to add flexibility,
Will

@bullopolis, @Tom_Blake, @janderkran can meet you at either Wapping Station or Oakwood Station. Any preference?

Hi,
I am fine with either but cannot get off here before 5.30ish.

jan

Ah doh - confused with dates - have fun - won’t see you as off to Chamonix and Cogne! :slight_smile:

Hi daniel.wapping good for me. Can be with you for six. Or oakwood at 6.30. Either is cool. oakwood is the usual meet. Let us know which is best and we’ll be there! :hugs:

Oakwood’s best. See you all there at 6:30.

Perhaps not quite as dramatic as the devils kitchen but we had a beautiful weekend. Amazing to think these pics were just a week before. Look at that blue sky!
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Hi guys (Sorry for posting this in reply here - it doesn’t seem I can start a new thread as a new member?)

I recently started working in London, although until June I’m living in Cambridge. I’m really keen to join a club that has a strong focus on getting outdoors, and I heard that NLMC might therefore be the place for me.

I was hoping to be able to make it to a club night or two at the Castle/Mile End, but so far work/commute logistics have conspired against me.

I’m wondering though if it’s possible to come along to outdoor meets? I learnt to trad climb late last year, love sport climbing, and enjoy a good day of getting spanked by outdoor boulders (though I prefer route climbing if possible).

Basically I want to climb outside as often as possible, but after splitting up with my girlfriend (= belay partner) in January, and with a number of friends have left the U.K. or being forced to give up serious climbing (cos, babies), I’m worried about not being to get out over the coming year.

Hence, my hope that I could get involved with NLMC…

join us for the working meet in 2 weeks @PaulSagar!

1 Like

Cool - where is that? What does it involve?

working meet will be in Capel Curig, Snowdonia, and involve general maintenance work in the club cottage & the barn on sat, communal dinner, and a possibility to climb on sun. People will be driving there from London & other places on friday 23rd. you won’t get as much climbing done as on a usual club trip, but it’s great if you want to get to know club members & the cottage :smile:

otherwise, keep an eye on the forum to see if other trips are being organised.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks!

My parents live just north of Liverpool so could be a good excuse to drive up from Cambridge and swing by theirs before or after.

Hi Paul,
as Tutu says, it’s the Spring Working Meet on the 24-25th March. This is held at the Cottage in Capel Curig and is two days of maintenance and cleaning on the two club properties, the Cottage and the Barn: painting, plastering, carpentry, cleaning, strimming etc etc. You’d be more than welcome to join us, it’s a great opportunity to meet more club members, plan climbing trips, enjoy some good food and company, and do a bit of work on the huts. No skills required! For new members/those considering joining its a really good way of getting to know what the club gets up to and meet members and get introduced to our two huts.

See the specifc working meet thread for more details:Spring Working Meet 24-25th March any questions please ask on that thread or PM me.

Be aware that there will only be opportunity to climb if all the jobs get finished and the Cottage is clean, but we should all get at least a partial day out on Sunday. I’ll be taking climbing gear…
hope to meet you soon

Chiz (Hut Warden)

1 Like

and if you do come along and you decide you want to join, am sure you’d be able to get two members to sign your application forms there and then

1 Like