Climbing this weekend 30/4 - 2/5

Hi!

Are there any plans to go climbing this weekend? It’s perfect long weekend so anyone who wants or is already going please share any ideas.

Hi Vilius,

We are heading to the Peak District by car on Saturday afternoon, camping at North Lees campsite, returning Monday evening. Would be good to get a group of us up there if you fancy it?

Will
07977 477 813.

Yeah. Me too. Come on villus. We can get out on the grit!

Cool! I’m in.

Hi All,

Our plan on this is to head to North Wales (no longer Peak District) on Saturday afternoon, returning Monday evening. We’ll drive, with the following people:

1. Will B
  2. Naomi B
  3. Martin
  4. Vilius (return journey only)?
  5. Currently 1 space available (Katie the Dalmatian has chosen to not to attend).

Let me know if you want a lift,

Will
07977 477 813.

Forecast not looking good at the moment, at least for Sunday. Monday might
be ok

@toby @Vilius Hi Toby, are you still planning to head up? My friend Côme is also keen to come.

forecast is looking awesome for Saxony! Come and climb sandstone pillars in Germany this weekend :slight_smile:

Jan

P.S.: For anyone seriously interested of joining, there is a thread in this chat about the trip for more information…

I probably join Will on Saturday unless there is a climbing partner and a mean of transport to go for full weekend - from Friday evening to Monday evening. Anyone?

I should keep an eye on the forecast before you decide to go: there may not
be much climbing weather

Thanks for the thoughts Richard- reluctantly coming to the conclusion that the London climbing walls are offering the best Bank Holiday climbing action. Probably not going to drive to Snowdonia after all,

Will

Hello John. Yes, I am still planning on going up to North Wales tomorrow afternoon. Plan is to leave Forest Hill SE23 about 4:30pm. I can pick you up somewhere along the way… Perhaps Hammersmith, near the tube station.

Hi Will
I had come to the same conclusion which is why I’ve been quiet. Please keep me in the loop re any weekend wall activity that may be happening

Hey Toby,

I’m working in the smoke this weekend, so am unable to join, but fingers crossed for a good weather window.
Without sounding like a broken record, as you are going to the cottage, would you be able to retrieve my beloved black leather ankle boots (size, small) that I cunningly left there please? I think that Holly also abandoned a roll mat?
There’s definitely a pint in it for you!

Thanks in advance, Sam.

@jrtomlins Apologies, but due to worsening weather forecast I have decided to cancel my trip to North Wales this weekend. Sorry to leave you without a lift. I hope you have a good weekend.

@Sam_Mould Good luck getting your boots back! I am sure someone else from London will be traveling up there this weekend, or if not sometime soon.

I still have a hope to climb this weekend. At least one day. The weather looks quite good in south-west, Devon or Dorset. So if anyone want to spent weekend (or one day at least) climbing outside just let me know. Regarding transportation: I can rent a a small car for the whole weekend for 13/day.

Saturday day trip to Swanage looking best option at the moment… Maybe me, Vilius , Peter Harris,… Any North Wales refugees? Liz has a few people too

Going to portland sunday … but swanage is my local crag so could easily join you too :slight_smile:

Yes, count me in!

I’m in.

Regards

Peter
Mobile: 07398718422

[cid:image001.png@01D1A224.BB642580]