Climbing this weekend 15th and 16th Oct

@Max_Adamson - I’m going to take my rack anyway, but I don’t need to take my half ropes? Right?

How the hut look like from the inside (regarding sleeping)? Sleeping bag + mat?

are your halves 50m? if yes, you take one and we’ll pair up.

Hut, same deal as N Wales, dorm style beds and a fully equipped kitchen. just need a sleeping bag and towel.

Yes, mine are 50. But I’ve found that coupling two different ropes sometimes ends with very different handling of each rope. So I prefer having two identical ropes - so if you don’t mind - we can take either my pair or your’s. What’s your opinion?

take yours if you are happy with that dude. If you decide to leave out some of your rack, go for it, we’ll have plenty.

Cheers,

Max

@Vilius, I just checked and it doesn’t make much of difference to our trip time so I’m very happy to pick you up in Hatfield. Please send me your address details and phone number. I expect it will take an hour to get to you.

@Max_Adamson and @Liz_Caspar, see you at Highbury and Islington Station at 4:30pm. Actually round the corner on Highbury Station Road: left then left out of the station past the Hire Bike stand.

Cool!
I will be at Highbury station at 4.30pm, normal meeting spot, without a rack or a rope (Sorry :grimacing:).
Looking forward to a great weekend.

@khalidqasrawi - superb, thanks a lot! I’ll be ready at 4.45pm at home and waiting.

And I take my rack and ropes.

On my way. Should have time to shop for some bits. Anyone want anything?

I don’t need anything. I’ve got 4 pints of milk by the way. :baby_bottle:

@Vilius, please send me your address and phone number in a private message or e-mail.

Thanks for a great weekend all!

@Vilius onsighting Chequers Crack, HVS 5C, Froggatt Edge

1 Like

Kudos to Vilus for onsighting this six months into his trad career! The man, and the route, are nails.

2 Likes

Nice work! I rested! (Have seconded clean scince but doesn’t count!

Anyone want to go sports climbing at Ansteys Cove this weekend?

Probably only of interest to those red pointing (or on sighting) in the 7s …

I’ve a tick to do before I move north! :slight_smile:

Liz

Sorry. No getting out to AGM weekend when it is traditional that is must rain!

Coming to that too so it had better not! Be good to see everyone - only been out of London not quite two years and seems that there are lots of new members - excellent! :slight_smile: