Chilblains anyone?

Hello Guys,
I will proceed to ask suggestion on the LAMEST topic on earth. Chilblains. I keep having chilblains during the winter (still have them and is almost spring!) and mostly this happens when I work from home as my feet freeze and I don’t seem to realise. And somehow NOT when I’m climbing Lockwood’s chimney in the rain?!?. I was wondering if anyone suffers from the same and if they found some solution to the problem? I was mostly thinking of buying a pair of fancy warm slippers… Fancy warm slippers suggestions?
PS: No Khalid, I don’t think crocs are the solution to the problem…

Post this on UKC and see how many totally unhelpful responses you get.

Dr Wikipedia says:

• Avoid rapid changes in temperature (including from cold to hot)
  • Wear warm shoes, socks and gloves.
  • Wear a hat and a scarf to protect the ears and the nose.
  • Avoid tight fitting socks/shoes.
  • Exercise at least four times a week to improve circulation
1 Like

I was basically wondering if anyone bought a pair of slippers that helped? Currently undecided between sheepskin or some sort of NorthFace camping things… I used to have the most amazing IKEA xmas duvet slippers but they broke beyond repair. I should mention I only have feet problems hands and nose are fine!

They actually help! Bad look but warm with thick woolly socks!
Suggestion: build a Lockwood’s chimney replica in your living room?

4 Likes

I’ve pretty much got Raynaud’s, fingers and toes go white and numb if too cold, then crippling hot aches and swelling which can last the next day sometimes. I find if I stay still too long it’s more of a problem i.e. hands when cycling, any chance you could use a standing desk or move around a bit more?

Slippers should help, motorcyclists have battery heating packs for keeping them warm when static.

I’ve just been suffering from this today in my right foot, primarily I think because I’ve been over icing my right knee. I’ve been wearing socks today to warm up the feet.

The itching is what I find bad about it though E45 itch relief cream helped until the foot warmed up

I’ve got a pair of these, which I stick in my indoor slippers on cold winter mornings. They’re not the most durable, but When treated with care, I find them to be fantastic. They connect to a mobile phone charger / USB battery pack.

£2.27 5% Off | BSAID 5V USB Electric Carbon Heating Sheet for Shoes
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d71hyqu

Thanks!! This weather has definitely helped!!