Castle Monday Night Meets

Hi,

I’m interested in joining NLMC. I’ve just moved down to London for Uni from West Yorkshire and don’t know any climbers down here.

I’m very weak at the minute but have climbed on and off for years. I’m a member at Castle and was just wondering if anyone would mind meeting up with me there and having a climb so I can get to know a few members and then hopefully join?

Thanks
Alfie (:

1 Like

Hello Alfie, welcome to London. There should be quite a few of us around next Monday evening (I will be there), but also possibly Saturday morning (I could be there I think…?), feel free to post on the Regular Saturday Morning Climbing at the Castle thread too.

Hello all - I’d like to join this Monday evening climb, with the potential to join as a new member. I climb around 6A at the Castle and am competent on top-rope and lead belay. Hope to meet some club members there.
Cat Lucas

1 Like

Hi Cat, do join us, there should be a few of us there from 6ish, usually in the upstairs lead area and wearing red NLMC tops

I’ll be there Monday too!

Hi Cat and Alfie, looking forward to meeting you both on Monday! :blush:

Hi Cat and Alfie, I’ll be there tomorrow too, around 6ish. Look out for the club red t-shirts. We start in the cafe lead area, if we’re not there try down in the Wells.

Hey,

Is anyone looking for someone to climb with tonight?

I’ll be there but my regular buddy is sick.

Hi, I’m also a prospective new member - hoping to join everyone tonight at 6pm! I’ve done the castle top rope/belay course a couple of weeks ago but might be a little rusty…

Tom

I’ll be there around half 7/8 tonight and will be canvassing for a partner

Should be there before 7:00 for once if things go to plan :crossed_fingers:

I’m here with a group too

Hi, Are people going to be at the Castle tonight? My usual partner can’t make it tonight. It would also be good to get someone to check my belaying so I can join the club. I can bring a rope with me as well for leading. I should be there for around 7pm.

Hi Ian, I will certainly be there and I imagine a few others will be too

Great, thanks. I’ll give you a shout when I get there. I presume you’ll be in the cafe lead area?

Yes very probably. If not, down the Wells.

Hello All- I just moved back to London (Finsbury Park) after a few years and I’m keen to keep in some sort of climbing condition. Would love to meet some other local climbers for outside trips too. Should I just turn up on a Monday evening when I can?

Best,

George

1 Like

Hi George, there should be a fair number of us there on Monday evening from 6ish, starting in the upstairs lead area, so yes, do feel free to join us if you can. A few of us sometimes meet there on Saturday mornings too.

1 Like

Hi all! Would love to join y’all on Monday night at Castle. Hoping to climb with a regular bunch on a weekly basis. Have done a fair bit of top-roping before but maybe a bit rusty. I have a harness - am I good to visit or do I need any additional gear?

Thanks!
Varad

Hi all! I have permanently moved back to London recently (I had been in London before before Covid hit). I am looking for belay buddies for lead climbing but unfortunately I can’t join the Monday sessions. If anyone would be interested to lead climb at the Castle during weekends please shout :slight_smile: Best, Pauline

3 Likes