Autumn working meet '24

Hi everyone, the next working meet is less than a month away.

If you’ve not been before it’s a great chance to meet up and get the properties looking good and running well for the coming months. Hopefully there will be time to get some climbing in on Sunday so bring gear.

Dates: 12th 13th October

As usual the club will be providing breakfast and a communal meal on Saturday evening to reward is for all the hard work. Bring food for lunches though.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it to this one but I’ll make a list of jobs that need doing.

Please sign up here

Nice one John, the spreadsheet works and everything

1 Like

Thanks everyone who has signed up so far.
I’ve ordered the wood which is arriving on Saturday 12th.

:thinking: would be really nice of someone with a car signed up :thinking:

Have to go back to old days when we went by mini bus.

Just signing up now :oncoming_automobile:

Mind if I grab a lift with you Fergus? Plans changed so should be able to make this weekend now.

Signed up, but conscious there may be no spaces. Hasko’s idea of a mini bus is ok but these days v expensive!! Club one! :rofl:

Of course.
I’ll add in the driving bit at the bottom. I’ve got a seven seater but I don’t think the back two seats are suitable for more than tiny humans

Bad news unfortunately I won’t be able to leave until Saturday Morning now. I would plan to leave early to get to the hut for 10am ish.

Amazing. Thanks Fergus.

Good to know. I’ll try and get the wood delivered later too give you a chance to get their. But he may be able to just dump it

FYI WhatsApp group for coordinating the meet is here. WhatsApp Group Invite

7 at the moment, any more takers? Weather seems like it might permit climbing Sunday? (Slate :smiley:)

I’m already going to be in Snowdonia for another event on Saturday. Might be interested in joining the climbing on Sunday, but Saturday includes a Halloween party in the evening, so not sure how fit I’ll be to climb! :smiley:

Will keep an eye on the WhatsApp group.

Is there a jobs list? If weather or hangover get the better of me I might be able to do some jobs/DIY on Sunday.

hi all, do you still need hands for the weekend? and spaces in the cars?

Please do if you can, I think you’ll need to travel with Fergus though as I think Peter’s car is full.

Do we have WA group? If yes can somebody share a link?

Thanks everyone for an excellent Working Meet, especially those who brought and cooked food! :hot_face: :fire: the chilli we needed for a chilly evening!

For the record we:
Deep cleaned both buildings including the windows, the mould and the cobwebs
Stacked the wood delivery
Did the laundry
Refilled both large gas bottles
Cleared the gutters
Hacked back undergrowth on the path and around the Cottage
Restocked the cleaning products in both buildings
Swept the chimney
Rearranged the Cottage bookshelves

All that with 8 people and we climbed on the slate on Sunday too!

2 Likes