Annual Dinner and AGM Nov 4th/5th 2023

Roll up, roll up, it’s (very!) soon time for the club AGM and dinner!

This year are heading back to our lovely hut in North Wales, with dinner booked at the Tyn-y-Coed. They will send me the winter menu as soon as it’s set, so we can pre-order.

Please bring your fine selves along for club discussions, and keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out for some climbing!

In addition, two very important announcements:

I need some nominations for the NLMC Epics Awards
These can be anything epic that has happened to someone this year - epic fails, epic sends, epic benightments, epic throwing someone’s radio into the sea… you get the idea.
Edit: please send to my personal email: lottie.m.ion@gmail.com, or as a private message on the forum

There will be a gear sale
We have had a donation of some wild and wonderful gear, which will be available to purchase for a donation to Mountain Rescue.

1 Like

To encourage others to dig into their gear stash for the auction, here’s a selection of what will be on offer.

4 Likes

I have an 8.2mm x 50m Edelrid half rope on offer for the auction, 47m of which is useable. Comes with a story (in a sealed envelope), although some may say the photo tells its own tale.

3 Likes

We have the menu for the dinner!

Please choose what you would like by this Wednesday 1st November.

Add your chocies to the sign-up sheet.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
L

A4-TYC-Evening Menu (2).pdf (466.0 KB)

Just a few days to go till the AGM and dinner. Don’t forget to let me know of any epics you or someone else has had.

First trad lead? Had an epic adventure? Spent all day prussiking out of a crag? Let me know :blush:

Lottie

For NLMC information.

I have heard today that Ronald (Ron) Denton passed away on Sunday 29 October. Ron was 89 yrs old and had been a member since 1957/8. For a number of years he was Hut Warden . He had done much work on the Barn and Cottage including the hot water system in the Cottage, repairs and renovation to the furniture in the both buildings… Ron gave up membership round 10 years ago. He leaves a wife Judith and a son Wiliam with his Family…
Sincerely to all ,Allen Bordoley.

5 Likes

Thank you for letting us know :heart:

Some more items for the auction: two Lowepro camera bags:

1 Like

Hello all!

Thank you for sending your dinner choices, I have sent these on to Bethan at the Tyn-y-Coed (I will also bring print-outs for the inevitable forgetting of what’s been ordered).

Dinner will be in the function room of the Tyn-y-Coed at 7:30pm.

We will have a couple of announcements, eat, drink, and have the Epics Awards.

The gear sale will be available from the Saturday morning. The gear will be displayed in the hut, I believe (@dabarlow correct me if wrong), and a sheet available for your bids. You will have until the AGM on Sunday morning to name your price.

The AGM will then take place in the barn - please get there for 10:15am so we can start promptly and then get out into the glorious Welsh rain.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

I can’t find my head torch in my bag. Maybe I’ll discover it later or maybe I’ve left it in the hut (most likely) but just in case you accidentally find it somewhere in your bags, please let me know. It’s a slightly cracked Petzl Actik, older model, which is toughtagged on the back of the battery compartment.

Daniel, I picked it up and can give it to you whenever we can meet up - one evening this week?