Alpine Club Talk Invite to NLMC members

Hi all

Please see the below message I’ve received from the Alpine Club. For those interested, I will supply the zoom link when it is sent to me

Paul

The President of the Alpine Club, Victor Saunders, would like to invite members of NLMC as guests to our Alpine ClubCast next Tuesday:

Alpine ClubCast 24

Tuesday 30 March at 19:30

Queen Maud Land, Antarctica

Conrad Anker

In 2017, The North Face dispatched a team of the world’s finest explorers to one of the world’s last great climbing frontiers: the Queen Maud Land territory. Here they spent a month climbing and establishing new routes on the remote frozen towers of the Wolf’s Jaw massif. Jimmy Chin and Conrad Anker tackled a new route on the 3,600-foot Ulvetanna; Savannah Cummins and Anna Pfaff summitted the towering Holtanna; and Alex Honnold and Cedar Wright, using techniques honed in Yosemite, blitzed up 13 different spires spread across the ice field. In total the team climbed 15 peaks in just 17 days.

Join us for an evening with Conrad Anker, one of the most prolific explorers and mountaineers alive today.

As usual the talk will finish with a Q&A

I will send out the zoom link, which is just for your members not the general public, on Monday

Best wishes

Sherry Macliver

2 Likes

This looks brilliant. I would like a zoom link but I think I’m only up to wafting at the moment.
Please thank Victor Saunders for the invitation.

1 Like

Good chap Slippery
Please share the link Paul

1 Like

@khalid …what are you talking about?

Oh, I’d like to watch that. I’d like the password when it comes. Thanks Paul. :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi all,

This is what I’ve been sent by the Alpine Club:

Here is the zoom link for Alpine Club members and their guests to join Alpine ClubCast 24: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86375122147?pwd=R2d5UzBlTng3VzRsaHFkTk8zQ1RWdz09

For the benefit of non-members we will be live streaming ClubCast 24 on YouTube at https://youtu.be/PsL4MRUgQa4 which you are welcome to pass on to non-members.

I’ve been told a password for the Zoom shouldn’t be necessary, but in case it is, use 069346

awesome, thanks @PaulSagar!