22's Castle leaving-do Sun Oct 7th

Hello everyone! If you’re free and stuck in London on Sun Oct 7th, please drop by the Castle anytime between 11am-5pm for cake & climbing & celebrating my leaving this lovely country. I’ll be hanging out / working at the centre for most of the day. There will be my other climbing and possibly non-climbing friends, they’re all really nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing you there Tutu.

Afraid @L_Pio and I are in Italy that weekend. Hope to see you before you go though (and after). Best luck with the next stage in your adventures.

ah that’s a shame… but I hope to catch you at the Castle some other day! i should make an effort to stay later on Mondays…

I shall stop by, for climbing AND cake.

@paulsagar I’m glad you’re happy to exchange noodles&ketchup for cake!

1 Like

One time only

I will attempt to make an appearance!

@Tom_Blake I thought I’d be more likely to see you in Spain! are you back for long?

@Tutu Nope! I fly to Bangkok on the 13th, then back to sunny ol’ England on the 20th Nov to pick up the van and migrate down to Costa Blanca for Dec/Jan.

You’ve climbed in Thailand/Laos right? We’re planning on Tonsai and Green Climbers, any recommendations?

Haha I’ll probably see you in Costa Blanca! My plan is to migrate south for the coldest months.

Tonsai is good but a bit dirty, and think they’ve now finally built that stupid resort next to the crags so it might spoil the ambience. I’d do DWS there if you get a chance, (i.e. Stalactite grande) and the best routes are on the roof on the beach, and on the right hand side of it. Humanality is a great multipitch though at 6b+ will be too easy for you!
Beware of a crazy Russian pensioner called Andrey, he’s famous for down climbing granite columns headfirst, without rope of course. He spends his retirement in Tonsai, doing DWS naked but in rubber gloves.

Shame that access to crazy horse buttress in Chiangmai is temporarily banned, I preferred it Tonsai.

Laos was great also, but I didn’t get a chance to stay long, was only passing for a couple of days. Thakhek is a newly developed area (where green climbers home is), similar to Thailand but less hot and humid and bolts don’t rust as much. I think it’s better quality than Tonsai. Hangover area, Worldtrip, Roof right (I think) – good overhanging 7s there.

El El mar, 25 sept 2018 a las 9:46, Tom Blake discourse@nlmc.co.uk escribió:

“Beware of a crazy Russian pensioner called Andrey, he’s famous for down climbing granite columns headfirst, without rope of course. He spends his retirement in Tonsai, doing DWS naked but in rubber gloves.”

What the f-

We’re not pre-booking internal travel so if Tonsai ends up being a bit crap we can move on easily. It’s a shame that there is a climbing ban in Chiang Mai but I’ve heard quite mixed things about the quality up there anyway.

Overhanging 7’s sound perfect!