2015 Christmas Curry, 16 Dec

Hello everyone!

I am delighted to be appointed as social sec. I’m really looking forward to meeting you all at future events especially the annual Christmas curry!
*this is also a plug for other events in case anyone wants to organise something but wants a hand doing it!!

Invitation to the Christmas curry

Cafe Bangla, the club’s traditional, most excellent and interestingly decorated curry haunt, has been booked for this year’s annual curry get-together. (I have stolen this from Naomi - this will be my first visit to a Brick Lane curry house).

Date: Wednesday 16th December
Time: 7pm
Book your place here

Pre-curry drinks (from 6pm?) at: Pride of Spitalfields (E1 5L7)
Classic East End pub, normally rammed, but worth it and only a short wander around the corner to the curry house.

Post dinner drinks: Naomi informs me these are definitely happening. It will be epic (whether sober or plastered). Venue to be confirmed – cancel all Thursday meetings/plans.

See you there!
Jo

3 Likes

Ooh nice one @jo_keogh!

Looking forward to it

That was a super exciting booking link :smile:

I can’t take too much credit for that - Naomi gave me a template pre-populated with wit. I am not that funny!

This is next Wednesday! Don’t forget to get your booking in using the link above.

Can’t wait!

Thanks Manchi!

The Christmas curry is tomorrow and there’s always room for more so if you want to come along to meet some climbers and club members then please do fill in the form here and reserve a spot!

Looking forward to it, see you there!
Jo

I’m aiming to get to the Pride of Spitalfields at 1830 for a pre-curry pint to ensure I am totally plastered relaxed by the end of the night. Hopefully see some of you there.

Does anyone know if Cafe Bangla is BYOB?

No, it’s always served drinks

Are the epic post dinner drinks BYOB?

Is that like going to someone’s house? This place looks nice, suggestions are welcome though if there is a traditional post dinner establishment.

It was a very fine evening, with a suitably level of chaos at the start due to the Bangla subcontracting the work to the adjacent curry house. Most people seemed to find the changed location though! Thanks to Naomi for organising it.

Massive thanks to Jo and Naomi for organising a lovely evening!