Wye Valley 20/21st May

I’m in for the weekend, including camping.

Okay I think I’ll probably take myself off for now; got a lot going on. Will try call them myself if things change.

I have to take myself of the list too. In the end, I am still not certain about this one.
I can call and check the camp availability later.

Happy to help with Pizza making as well!

Only tangentially on topic, but if I bring any of the guides in the photo with me does anyone want any of them?

They are not the latest editions and some of them are well used but the routes are generally all in the same places! Chuck some money in a bolt fund tin or charity bucket and they’re yours

1 Like

I have two spaces in my car for this Wye Valley trip, departing Oakwood tube after work on Friday; please messsge me on here, or on 07398718422, if you want a lift.

Hi all. I’d love to join this venture at the weekend. Is it too late to sign up?

hey, same as above - would love to join up with a +1 (we would share a tent). Is there still room in the group booking? (I’ve messaged the campsite directly but they said they are fully booked).

Hello everyone - as James has alluded to, campsite availability is proving a bit of a challenge for this weekend…
Beeches is completely full. I’ve got feelers out with everywhere else I can find online, but if there’s anywhere else people have stayed before which has less of a web presence please give me a shout!

Oh dear. Starting to look like the Eric Byne and more gritstone perhaps…!

Definitely up for some sort of climbing this weekend, weather looks great!

Likewise!

That’s no bad thing… I’d be keen for some grit!

So good news - Sheephouse just outside of Chepstow have space. £10/head per night, it’s a nice little campsite (if a bit of road noise).

We were staying there a lot during Covid and Miriam who runs it is absolutely lovely. Very easy access from London and close to the main crags :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice one Sarah!

Sweet- thanks Sarah. I’ve added myself to the spreadsheet. Hope this is still ok? I’m planning to drive from Tottenham. I can either drive out quite late Friday evening (8pm ish) or super early (6.30 ish) on Saturday morning and happy to give a lift to anyone who needs one

Hey Jamie, mind if I grab a lift with you? Tottenham is pretty close to me so would make my life a lot easier!

1 Like

Sure that’s fine. Meet at Tottenham Hale station?

1 Like

Sounds like a plan! Just drop me a text on 07910071534 when you wanna leave, I’m easy with Fri or Sat :slight_smile:

Yes, Miriam always miraculously had space for us no matter how full up other campsites in the area were. Let’s never talk about the midnight shrew intrusion (inshrewsion?) though. I think they heard me screaming in Chepstow when it ran down my arm.

The campsite is right next to the A48 and you’ll have to do a sharp turn to come off the dual carriageway and up a steep gravel driveway. We’ve seen campervans at the campsite so while it looks (and will sound) alarming, vans will be fine.