Working Meet 12-13th March 2016

I’d like to come too. I am busy Friday evening but can come up first thing Saturday and can offer lifts.

Excellent stuff. See you all there, I think we are now at 14 all in, but still room for more! Lots of varied jobs to do, should be a really good weekend, looking forward to it.

Remember some old clothes as there is lots of cleaning and painting, and if you need marigolds or work gloves, bring them too. There is some restacking of wet logs as well which could get a bit slimy…the track is also probably still very wet so decent boots are a good idea.

Sara would like some photos of the inside of the barn for the website, so if anyone is a talented photographer…

Can someone offer Jan a lift please? I think @Alison could give you a lift first thing Saturday? I shall leave it to you to arrange.

@liebnitzky; Jan, thanks for offering to cook, what were you thinking of? The oven doesn’t really work at the cottage so it would need to be hob-cooked. It would be best to get the ingredients on the way up so as to not waste time on the Saturday, although we could combine a shopping trip with washing and drying the mattress covers and pillowcases. Please get a separate receipt for the communal food as it will all be reimbursed by the club. And don’t forget pudding and custard!

I will post any more details I can think of next week…any questions just ask

We can get food when Tom and I drive up. Jan, would you like a lift with
us? Bromley-by-bow tube probably around 6- 6.30 if that works?

I can make the weekend now. I’ll be popping into the Telford Tesco on the way up if you need me to get any group food.

He Naomi,
would be great to come with you guys. I can definately make it to the tube station :slightly_smiling:

@Chiz: How many meals you want to cook? Is it just Saturday evening? Or lunch as well? What about breakfast?
I can prepare a rice salad (halloumi, rice, olives, tomatoes, etc.) and we can make some dessert (custard with fruits or whatever).

Jan

Hi Jan, glad you have a lift sorted.
The communal meal is on Saturday night, the rest of the meals are up to us as individuals to sort out. Personally after a long day working I’d prefer a hot meal, maybe have a chat with Naomi and Tom on the way up?

@ChrisColebrook, great! I think we are covered for food, but could you pick up a load of toilet roll and a big bottle of bleach, I bought some on my last visit, but we could do with stocking up again, another 50 odd rolls would be great and last us a fair while… @Max_Adamson will be able to compensate so please keep the receipt.

50 toilet rolls!!! They’re going to think I’ve got a serious problem!!! No problem to sort that out :slightly_smiling:

cheers! Basic bleach is fine, it’s just for washing down walls

I’m with you on the hot food Chiz. We could do some veg chilli and some meat chilli or curry or pasta - all are easy to do a veg and non-veg version. Happy to help cook. looking forward folks.

Hi all, would anyone be able to buy a kettle for the barn and bring it up at the weekend? Just a cheap basic plastic 1.5 litre kettle? You can get them in bigger supermarkets. Club can refund on receipt.

I’ve maxed out buying all the gas, tools and paint!!
cheers

Yeah i can pick up a kettle

Beat me to it. I was just about to say I can pick one up at Tesco with the bog rolls. Yvonne, let me know if you need me to pick one up.

thanks both!

@Haszko : I have just logged in as Valerie and updated her settings so she automatically gets notifications for a greater number of topics.

@valeriehumphries: You will start to get a lot more emails now as your settings were quite minimal before. If it gets too much, or you want a walk through of how new chat works, please email me directly at members@nlmc.co.uk.

Ok Chris - makes sense if you get it - one less receipt to process then.
thanks Y

OK, no problem.

Thanks @Tom_L, and thanks @ypsell and @ChrisColebrook. Yvonne, Jo has had to drop out so could you help with the meal?

Thank you to all who have said they are coming, just to remind everyone to please let me know if you can’t make it so we can get the right amount of food in. At present we are looking at a great turnout and I am hoping we can make a real impact on the properties at this meet, and plan the next few month’s work. It will also be an opportunity for more of us to meet Mike Pearson who provides the caretaking services. It’s my first working meet as hut secretary/warden so I really appreciate the turnout and hope we will have a very enjoyable couple of days.

So far we have Chiz, Naomi, Tom, Yvonne, Dale, Valerie, Jan, Richard Y, Grant, Alison, Chris, Gary and Clair, but there is always room for more.

Weather is fairly wild at the moment, but is meant to warm up and settle down over the weekend, there is snow up high today…

See you all up there, I’m thinking of a night-time round of Moel Siabod on Friday if anyone gets there early.

Hi,
I have to be in Leeds on sunday so I wasn’t planning on coming - but just
found out I’ve got a site visit in Llangollen on Friday, so I will stay
over Friday night and help out on Saturday. Will have to head home Saturday
evening.
I’ll be there reasonably early on Friday. Definitely up for a run/hobble up
Siabod!

Ace! Be great to catch up. I’ve got to stay in for the locksmith and the propane bottles on Friday, but that shouldn’t run too late. Not sure about running though…maybe only on the way down!

Hi Chiz.
When re you going to the cottage?
Richard