Yorkshire Meet - Easter - 14th-17th April

Right, I’m back in London so have permanent internet connection again and will be able to respond more rapidly.

@Catrin I know @jrtomlins, Laura, @naomi_sorrel and I are definitely still going to Yorkshire because we’re going to a wedding reception in Masham on the Saturday evening. Having just been in Pembroke for a week I completely understand if you want to go there instead; I guess there is a slightly higher probability of seeing the sun!

@Kiwi-richard I think we now just need to fit you, @catrin and @Omar into one of the three cars so transport will be fine. I’ll call @jrtomlins and @Peter this weekend and work out the easiest combinations.

I am definitely planning to have (at least) one barbecue over the Easter weekend. Does anyone have any special dietary requirements?

@hannahlee15 are you definitely going to Pembroke instead now? Apologies for being rubbish at responding but O2 phone reception hasn’t reached Bosherston - where I have been all week - yet.

I am sort of tempted by Pembroke - might just check if there’s a spot going there if that’s ok!
Catrin

@Tom_S Hi sorry, didn’t see this until now! Yes, I think I am joining Andrew R. for Pembroke. Have fun in Yorkshire though!

I just spoke to @Peter and he has decided to do so the same. It makes a lot more sense because the weather forecast for Pembroke is looking great whereas Yorkshire has showers on the cards.

@Kiwi-richard and @Omar what are your thoughts? Given the exodus to Pembroke it probably makes sense to go there instead; Peter will have space even if there aren’t any free at the moment. That said, @jrtomlins still has a couple of spaces in his car going to Yorkshire so you are more than welcome to remain with the rump of the Yorkshire trip.

The way I see it, there aren’t any gritstone off-widths or jamming cracks in Pembroke so why would I want to go there?

Hi
Happy to abscond to Pembroke aswell, also happy to drive up with Peter from Oakwood :slight_smile:

So this is going to be very vague I’m afraid… I’m heading to the wedding in Masham too but uncertain of my timescale and have a thigh injury which is making things a little complicated. I would love to fit something in on Friday even if it means a really really early start from London or even Saturday pre-wedding. Thing is, I’m not really a climber but more of a scrambler/mountaineer and defintetly more comfortable seconding trad routes up to diff/v diff. So open to options or suggestions, otherwise, see some of you there regardless…

How are you getting to Yorkshire? Are you making your own way there? We can certainly give you contact details and let you know what we’re up to.

A possible option is to go to Brimham Rocks on Friday. Max and family will be there for the Easter Egg Hunt. @hkirk777 and I would like to do some heinous off-widths but conventional climbing is also available. I haven’t mentioned this to John yet so he might have a better idea.

We’ve got your mobile number so we can send you a text or give you a call once we have a final plan.

Rachel and I may well be going up on Friday morning rather than Thursday,and Brimham is definitely tempting.

Not sure what the plans are yet but if it gets a tad bit warmer there will
be a few of us heading to kilnsey/(Malham?) at somepoint during the weekend
if anyone would like to join.

1 Like

I’ll pack my etriers in case we end up at Kilnsey…

@Binit-Shah Pembroke for me this weekend, but keen to get back to malham need to tick routes and punter off some stuff at kilnsey if you need a catch other weekends :slight_smile: also keen for lpt …

1 Like

I’m keen for limestone, I’m staying In Masham with Yvonne and Dale and we’ll be planning to mainly sport climb, possibly Giggleswick or Troller Gill as they have a broader range of grades. I’d be keen for Kilnsey or Malham myself but I won’t have my own transport.

Ah OK cool. I can keep you updated with what our plans are, I will be driving from York but likely to have a full car of people from here unfortunately.

ok no problems thanks for organising tom. hopefully next time it works out

You’re still welcome to come to Yorkshire, it’s just a much smaller trip.

Or Pembroke!