Mile End Wednesday Night Meets

People arrive from anytime after work till much later (the wall closes at 21:30). The best option would be to ask the Mile End reception to find a NLMC member for you, or look for someone with a red NLMC T-shirt.

Hi guys. There may be fewer people there tomorrow though because its a committee meeting night. Next wed normal service will be resumed! :wink:
We also meet at the castle on a monday. 7.30 at the cafe.
Thanks
Martin

I won’t be able to stay beyond 7 today but I’m free earlier. Is anyone up for that? Could also go to the Arches or StrongHold.

BTW. I can’t seem to set a topic to start a new post. Is that a restriction on my account right now?

Michael

There will be restrictions on your account if you are not a member of the
Club. If you are a member, please let Fran know via membership@nlmc.co.uk
and she will sort you out.

Cheers
Manchi

Who’s going to Mile End this Wednesday? It’ll be my first visit. I have rope!

I should be there, and I’m sure there will be the usual suspects there too. I wouldn’t bother bringing a rope though: Mile End is 98% bouldering and there is only a small roped section.

Great - since I’ve only been to one Castle night I don’t know many of you yet, hopefully someone will be wearing the red t-shirt for identification purposes?!

There are normally several of us wearing them.

@HollyP Sorry I failed to get to Mile End last night but I hope you found some other NLMC members.
David

Is anyone going to be at ME this week or all off on Christmas expeditions? I’m going to be in town and hoping to make my annual appearance :slight_smile:

I’ll be there and I’ll bring along some Tatra topos and maps for anyone who’s interested in the plans for January..

Hi George - i’ll be there and expect a few others too.

I’ll be there! :smile:

Unfortunately I won’t make it in the end ; not feeling so well. Have a good climb though.

Michael

Hi there! Potential new member alert. Just wondering if Wednesday night wall meet will kick off again on Wednesday 3 Jan? I’d love to get along, meet some members and perhaps join the NLMC.

Cheers,

Elle

Hi Elle. I will be there for sure as will I am sure a healthy contingent of the club. Looking forward to meeting you. Thanks. Martin

Just wondering if anyone is up for some cheeky lead climbing tonight? I’ll bring my rope…

Hello, I’m looking to join a club after starting climbing over the holidays and doing a beginners course. I should be down on Wed night, will be nice to meet up with you all!

I wasn’t sure if it’s worth bringing my harness though, do most people just tend to boulder instead?

Most people boulder at mile end. There’s only a very small roped area.
David.

Fair point, it has always been a bit crowded the times I have been there.