Cornwall solstice meet - 24th/25th June

He does not, so I have space

Great, that might be more comfortable for all. Where would we meet you and what time?

I’m picking Omar up at Slough ~7pm, but what about Oakwood at 6pm? Would that work, or would earlier/later be better?
I’m going to buy BBQ food down there on Saturday evening, and since I have the club BBQ in the car it would be best if you did the same.

I am driving down in my van, with @khalidqasrawi and one dog. We are going Fri lunchtime, back on Mon evening. Space for one more, but only on a very uncomfortable backseat :slight_smile:

That’s great! See you there.

@dabarlow, sorry - there’s been some confusion and @jo_keogh has confirmed with @jrtomlins, that we are travelling down with him. Probably makes sense space wise since you have the bbq and @Omar. Sorry to mess you around. See you at lands end! :slight_smile:

No problem. Khalid had taken your spaces. See got there

Hi All

For those of you who haven’t been these before, we’re staying at the Treen Farm Campsite (http://treenfarmcampsite.com/). They’ve set aside some space in one of the fields for us in the top field (on the right after you enter the campsite, was described as near the water tower).

If anyone’s arriving earlier (@khalidqasrawi, @Kris) please let the campsite chaps know you’re with NLMC and they should point you to the right place.

The campsite been packed full all week but they’ve managed to squeeze us all in so:

1. sorry there might not be that much space!
  2. please try and be quite when we roll in at silly o’clock tonight
  3. say thanks!

Cheers,

Tim

Nice one @Tim_McD. Thanks for organising. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

@Kris had to change her plans so I’m going to be travelling with @dabarlow and also arriving at silly o’clock too. btw, Tim, what are the payment arrangements? It looks like it’s £7 per night so we can help by having the right money ready.

People might want to do a run to the supermarket in Penzance on Saturday evening for bbq food.
Lets cross fingers for a good trip down folks.

Hi everyone,
does any of you have a spare harness you can bring for a friend of mine who
is joining over the weekend?

Thanks,

Jan

I’ll chuck one in. It’s medium/large - shout now if you want smaller.

Thousand thanks Khalid!

Thanks @Tim_McD for organising the annual Cornwall Solstice Meet. Thanks also to the drivers for getting us there.

A great weekend folks. My memories include:-

• waking up both mornings to the wet air - not quite raining, not quite dry, certainly a lie in
  • a neat row of tents on the campsite, very good formation folks: keep it up (does anyone have a picture to share?)
  • my first trip to Sennen - wow, what an amazing crag, feeling even more psyched now
  • lots of pasties, not doing much for my strength to weight ratio
  • @jrtomlins doing his bit for the next generation was marking exam papers all weekend, on the crag, at the bbq, in his tent
  • @Peter won the foodie prize at the bbq with his lamb fillet infused with garlic and rosemary and the stuffed mushrooms
  • @janderkran’s friend, Jan won the prize for endeavour, making his second ever climbing trip a sea cliff adventure

@Manchi on Demo Route: great lead Manchi. Not sure what David and Jan’s friend Jan are on but I’m pretty sure David is wearing trainers.

Laura and @mhobby1979 narrowly avoiding a tangle of arms and legs on exit.

@Vilius demonstrates what a chilled weekend we had.

1 Like

@jrtomlins

demonstrating alternative use of a marking pen to keep his tent up.

1 Like

Great pics Khalid! really pretty :slight_smile:

@everyone, a black guidebook did not find its way back into my pack. I hope
that the birds have not mistakenly eaten it. But maybe you have found it in
Sennen before tides got it? I would appreciate if you could have a check in
your crag packs - Thx

copying Jan Vollmer here as well.

Jan

Thanks for a lovely weekend, folks! Tim and I as you know stayed for another two days, and visited Bosi on the Monday ticking off some more Cornwall classics: Doorpost and Little Brown Jug (wow, what a route!)

1 Like

Here are more photos (the same as the ones I’ve just put on Facebook. I tried to upload the album to the club’s facebook page but facebook just says it hits an error). I’m uploading them in 2 posts to avoid the 4MB limit. If anyone wants full size versions just contact me.

Post 2.